Chapter 6

Lily has adapted to life here and when she is not with me she spends time with Jean and Linette, they have become friends. Sir Erech trains every day with the knights, and some time ago he was unanimously elected captain, thanks to his training the knights seem much stronger, even if it has been a short time. A few days ago I managed to crawl out of my room and found the library, it is bigger than I thought, but the books are ruined and dusty especially the older ones. I discovered that thanks to the spirits I can read and write in practically all languages, which is why when I have the opportunity I try to read as much as possible to understand more about Arcadia. But whenever Lily or Frederich find me they take me away saying that I have developed some obsession with the latter since they do not suspect in the slightest that I understand the contents. Sometimes at night the spirits come to see me and teach me to control my magic so that it doesn't go out of control like the time I accidentally froze the waiting room. Thanks to them I learned to repress my magical aura and manipulate it in order to control its flow, which unfortunately is too big because because I with my body I can control it on my own reason why the spirits have imposed a bond with them so that they can help me until I am ready, unfortunately human magic is different from that of the spirits so they can not teach it to me, so it seems that I will have to wait nevertheless I can control the ice and time to my liking even if within various limits. The days go by peacefully and happy and I can safely say that these people are my family.

It's been four and a half years and tomorrow will be my fifth birthday and I've been here for five years. Since that day a few years ago I have been practicing speaking and now I can do it perfectly, the first time I spoke in front of Lily she was going to feel bad and shortly after everyone started to give me genius. Now I walk perfectly and I amazed everyone when I showed that I can read and write. They are all in fervor for tomorrow and they are just running from one side to the other, even though I said that there was no need to celebrate but no one in the palace wanted to hear about it saying that I am a princess and that for all the other royals they are always organizing huge parties. They even set out to fix the gazebo that is in a forest clearing near the palace, plus Sir Erech looks like he left on a trip to get me a gift. Today is my birthday, I'm wearing a dress packaged by Linette, who turned out to be a talented seamstress and while everyone finishes the preparations for the party I'm in the library reading.

While Roidare reads hears noises in the belly of the forest, howls, strange, she had never heard the wolves in the forest despite her incredible hearing, nevertheless they had never allowed her to enter it because of danger, which is why she could not be sure. But at the hearing of those howls, all his thoughts flew away, the danger seemed to be forgotten, he felt he had to go there in the forest to the exact place where the howls came from, without being seen he came out of the palace and without hesitation he entered the dark snowy forest guided only by his senses. He went further and further, despite being small and the insidious forest did not seem to have problems it was as if the forest was his home, he moved at ease free from everything in the wild, avoided all dangers and continued unstoppable, so much so that he realized that it was only night when he stopped in a clearing with huge and ancient white trees, looking up he saw the full moon, like the one he had seen before falling into the water that fateful day. Without even noticing it, he found himself in front of a creature as big as an adult human with golden eyes similar to those of Roidare, and a white hair, he was a wolf but he did not seem to see her as an enemy and the same was true for the little girl who stretched out her hand towards the huge wolf who bathed his head in order to be caressed by the little one, then in the clearing they advanced around Roidare other wolves who bowed like their head in front of her, Roidare had been recognized by those noble and splendid creatures as their sovereign and friend, and seeing everyone This the little girl thought that her family had expanded again. Towards the road that leads to the palace two men on horseback approach, one with a sword on his side and a metal armor, the other with a black cloak and a book attached to his side. The first said to his partner: Erech, you can know what you want from me you won't really believe that I can teach a five-year-old girl who can barely read and write, it's pure madness, I don't care if I owe you a favor, but it's worth my dignity, you really want me to teach a little girl who hasn't even woken up and then I remind you that she's practically a real disown. The other replied: Don't talk before you met her, trust me you'll be surprised, don't be so closed and above all don't offend the princess, I must remind you that she is the person I chose to serve. The man replied: You talk about the impulse that caused you to leave the position of captain of the royal guards, as I might not remember. As the two spoke they heard voices approaching and warned but Sir Erech put his sword back in the scabbard when he noticed that it was Frederich, the butler, who was approaching them. What happens, why are you so far from the palace. With his breath he replied: The princess, you can't find her anywhere, I'm afraid that while we were distracted she moved away, she may have ventured into the forest or kidnapped, we are all looking for her. What?! Why was no one with her? We were busy with the party preparations and she was in the library reading, however you know well that the princess is never so reckless. This is true, she has always had a cold mind since she was very young, get off the Calim horse, you have to help us too. A few hours passed and the searches were in vain. All exhausted and worried gathered under the gazebo. The man who arrived with Erich said: I know you don't want to hear him, but such a small girl in the forest alone...there is a chance that she is no longer in this world. All those present looked at the man crookedly, then that silence of anguish was broken by a howl.