Chapter 5

Two days passed and they finally arrived in the Elanor region, it was early afternoon when the wagon arrived in front of the iron gates of the palace of Aeglos, tip of snow, an ancient and now ruined palace that was rarely used for inspections of the territory. The gates were rusty and thick, and waiting in front of them was a man dressed as a butler, with an archaic smile, a little mysterious, and straight like a statue. The butler said: I welcome His Majesty to his new home, me and the staff, however small we will do our best to serve you, please follow me. The man who said he was called Frederich accompanied there inside the walls, to dominate the landscape there was the huge palace which gave a glimpse in its majesticity the ancient splendor of the past, it was a cold and unholy hospitable stone palace surrounded as it was by the insidious, dark forest. In front of the inlaid front door awaited the entire staff, two waitresses Jenny and Linette, a cook Mr. Polaine and four knights with worn armor, the last survivors of what centuries before was the order of the knights of the white rose and which had been in decline for centuries. The four men were called Link, Rouge, Gray and Grim. As soon as they arrived the four knights with a rather youthful appearance made the military salute, pale in front of the sight of Sir Erech, who approaching them said from today we will be companions, I am at the service of his majesty the second princess, I hope to be able to rely on you, the four somewhat uncertain answered in the affirmative. Frederich made his way inside the building, it was dirty and dusty and all around you could see the relics of that grandiose past, dusty and ruined carpets, rusty armor and other objects of all kinds. The butler accompanied the heap with the princess in his arms along the immense corridor of the second floor which was accessed because of a large staircase of worked stone, towards the end of the corridor there was only one room, Frederich said: This is the princess's room, we did our best to accommodate her with the short notice, I lit the fire so it should be hot, it is better that you rest now, we usually eat at eight o'clock, don't be late Lily, the latter shook her head in the affirmative sense. The room was huge, the furniture was made of wood, the air that transpired from that place was wild because of the forest but at the same time end given by that accuracy of the details that despite the weather could still be seen in the furniture, the air was warm given by the fire that burned in the fireplace that was in a sitting room adjacent to the bedroom, the tranquility of that place and the warmth, as well as the previous tiring days made Roidare fall asleep who was placed by the nature in his crib. It was late at night, everyone slept in the palace, while from the forest you could hear noises of ferocious animals and beasts. Roidare was sleeping peacefully when he heard a voice calling her by her previous name.

Harmony, my little one, do you hear me? Wake up please... Slowly the young woman opened her eyes, in front of herself she saw a woman with very light eyes as well as her skin and with golden blond hair, she gave off a strange light around her. Who are you, why are you here? He meant Roidare but he couldn't not know how to communicate but then the woman answered her: I am Aranel, one of the spirits who controls the balance of this world, I am the sovereign of light, I am here to tell you about your particular situation. Roidare stunned did not understand how that woman could understand her or what she was saying and then the spirit understanding from her gaze her doubts said: It will be better to explain from the beginning. The world you come from and this are connected to each other, but at the same time they are divided by a barrier, a mirror that reflects on itself, however that night the mirror also reflected you on both sides. When we saw it, at that moment Roidare noticed that they were not alone but there were other creatures similar to Aranel, we understood that you were a special existence, your soul was not connected to any world, a rare thing that happens once every few millennia a little more or less, but I must say that you were the first to be able to pass the glass by breaking it so directly, on contact with water your material body has dissolved and your soul is reborn in this body. Roidare replied: So there is no way to go home? Another completely black spirit said: Unfortunately not, by now your soul is bound to this body, and therefore to this world. Roidare said: I have to say I was expecting it, but I can ask if the reason you are here is just that. A red-haired spirit then smiling said to her: You must know that your appearance is particular in this world and is in itself related to your situation, you see the fact is that you were born with a very special power and I do not exaggerate in saying that if you want you can do great things. Aranel then intervened: As Faramir said, the spirit of fire, you have infinite possibilities ahead of you and remember that we will all always support you, because you, my little one, are the human loved by the spirits. The black spirit, Darion of darkness, in agreement with the spirit of light answered: We cannot know what will happen, nor how your power will evolve, but know that we are with you and at that moment all the other spirits repeated in chorus the words of Darion and then disappeared. There was only Aranel who said to her: We'll see each other soon Harmony, or rather I think I have to call you Roidare, or am I wrong? Choose your pact and always do what you think is right, fight for your life and with these words he left. So Roidare stood alone brooding over everything that had happened during the encounter with the spirits until she fell back to sleep. The next morning despite the little sleep he woke up early, the night had been restful and all his doubts had dissipated: From today I am Roidare Arwen Celebrian, this is my new home and the people who live there are my family, I will become strong and powerful so that I have no limits and I will make that stupid royal family regret for exiling me.