Chapter 16

She was alone, defenseless, at the mercy of the wilderness, at the end of the food chain of those places, she was afraid, uncertain about the future, but she did not cry, she was calm, she had a serious expression. That newborn despite the cold invaded her white skin, injuring her, did not make a sound, her eyes were concentrated, a sign of a deep reflection, to see her she did not look like a newly born child, but a grown adult ... In his little mind dozens and dozens of complex thoughts, mostly questions that branched into hundreds of doubts swirled like a storm. Who was it? Or rather who had been and who was she now? The memories were confused, pieces of memories confused and tarnished, he saw places, people, familiar objects but at the same time distant, distant and unreachable. Then everything returned to its place, everything became more vivid and clear, now she understood, those were her memories and at the same time they were not, she was the one she remembered to be and at the same time no, she was a new person, the union of two distinct and separate minds. She was no longer the employee Estelle, with no one to rely on, she was now someone else, even though she didn't know how it was possible or who she was now. This swirl of reflections was stopped by a noise that made her return to reality, she was surrounded by somewhat singular beings, they had a semi-human shape but gave off a powerful and enigmatic aura. The baby girl was amazed, although she did not know what that kind of luminous halo was she perceived it, saw it around the creatures and somehow knew that it was called aura and that it allowed her to understand if the intentions of those figures were malignant or not, as if this knowledge was inscribed within herself. Who are you?: she thought. We are the rulers of the spirits said a female figure with dark skin as sunburned and fiery red hair, my name is Ifnir. Wait, how did you feel me if I can't talk and what does spirits mean, are you ghosts? Calmly my little girl. We can communicate with you by means of a form of spirit magic similar to telepathy, we are ancient creatures, we have been watching over the order of nature for millennia by order of divinities. We are the personification of nature in its various aspects. But why are you here? You my little child are in a special existence, you have the memories of a past life that now no longer exists, your soul has passed the veil between the worlds and has joined this new body of yours giving it new life, changing the pact of destiny that otherwise would have been empty, without future. We are here because you are an existence loved by the gods, pure, free and wild said a spirit with skin like earth and white hair. Wait, what does all this mean, why me? The resonance of the universe has chosen you for a reason, it that is the same basis of reality has chosen you as its guardian, as the bearer of its power, of reasons to choose you will have had several, but this is out of my understanding, if it has chosen you it must be because it has considered you worthy, it must have seen your uniqueness and your talent said a spirit with green hair and eyes. So are you saying that this resonance chose me to fulfill a mission? Live your life, express your emotions with as many faces as the seasons, always respecting what you believe in and follow what you think is right, you are free to live as you see fit by writing your future for yourself. This is why we are here, alone in these places it is dangerous for you, we will raise you and teach you what we know. Remember that we recognize your existence and that you are therefore well liked by us and our people, we will always support you because we know that you are destined for the great and we wish to help you, we therefore ask you to be able to enter into a contract with us, for us it would be an immense honor said a female spirit with light blond hair and very white skin. A contract? A contract is like a vow of loyalty that we make with you by becoming the holder of the contact we and our people would serve you with loyalty. So you will be able to use our powers, even if in real you growing up you will already be incredibly powerful in itself but nevertheless please allow us to help you. He said a spirit similar to a shadow. Okay, if you want it so much. At that moment a glow came out of the newborn's chest and the threads of the sovereigns' destiny joined it, from that moment their futures would be irretrievably connected.

Contracter, I can ask you if you are sad to know that you will no longer see the place you originally belonged to. In that place I was alone, and in my heart I already knew that I had no possibility of returning, but even if I should miss it I have my memories, from today I am no longer Estelle, but they are ... wait, I don't have a name?! You have it, you just don't know it. What do you mean? On your soul there is a name written on it, this means that you have been given one, you know the names in this world are of great importance, especially for magical creatures and spirits, if they tell you their real name then you will be bound forever. But I don't know your names. You know them instead, only do not understand them yet, understanding a name is complicated you know, humans take a lot of time, but you are different, unique and also in this world you were born with a special talent, your eyes are very rare and allow you to see below appearances, you are able to see the auras of people and with them thanks to your unique sensitivity even souls, thanks to this ability you can understand the intentions that are hidden, the good and the bad. We will also teach you to control this talent, so that you can understand the true names inscribed in souls and be able to control your immense aura. As much as everything is too intricate for me, it's fine, I'll trust you. Are you able to tell me what my name is? Of course he said smiling a spirit with a female shape with blue hair, you call yourself Roidare, in the ancient language of men it meant hunter, I think it is a very suitable name for you. Harmony, eh, I like it, it's okay, from today I'll live like Harmony...

Fourteen years passed, Harmony grew up with the spirits, now for her they were a family, with time she learned to survive alone, she met sometimes in the forest, where she had settled, some brave adventurers, who taught her manual work and hunting, while the spirits taught her to tame magical creatures, to recognize the various plants with their properties, to empathize with the surrounding environment, to use the gift of the universe that had been transmitted to her, to understand the essence of things with her eyes and taught her the magic of the spirits, unfortunately they did not know magic Human that Harmony had to give up. Ifnir, the spirit of fire, Silph, the spirit of the wind, Aqua, the spirit of water, Dorn, the spirit of the earth, Aurion, the spirit of light and Darkion, the spirit of darkness came to visit her often, despite being engaged in the world of spirits, they loved her and for them she was family. The young woman for her part felt the same, in her previous life she had never had anyone and was happy to be able to understand what a family was ...