16)

14h October 1971

"It's tonight," That's all you could hear in the Great Hall this morning.

The midnight Quidditch match of October was tonight.

7th and 6th years led the younger pupils out in small groups to the Quidditch Pitch.

"Oi,James,"Lucia hissed,"I've got an idea for the Halloween prank."

"Ok.what are you think-"

That was all James could say before he was shushed by the prefect.

And finally the Gryffindors made their way onto the pitch.

"Right people who want to play stay on the pitch,Others can go up to the stands."Pandora Ariti yelled from her place in the commentary box.

Lucia,James and Sirius stayed where they were.It was a large group; all the houses were in it.

Then the captains moved to the small stage.

They split the group into four sections,one for each house.

Then they made the house groups spilt into lines for what they wanted to play.

This was where Lucia,Sirius and James were split up.

Lucia went for Seeker,James for Chaser and Sirius for Beater.

"Malfoy," The Slytherin captain called and Lucius walked out from the Slytherin Seeker queue. "You're Seeker,"

Amos Diggory was seeker from Hufflepuff.
The captain from Ravenclaw.

Then it was Gryffindor's turn.

The Gryffindor captain walked past the Seeker queue looking at all 5 who wanted to play Seeker.

"Johnson's in the bloody Hospital wing,"she muttered.

"You,"She pointed at Lucia, "Malfoy isn't it?Can you play?"

"Yeah I can play."

"Malfoy for Seeker."

"Miranda, we have Malfoy for Seeker and he's in our house.Natalie's also in our house.You can't have-"

"I have a younger sister too,Travers,"Lucius cut him off.

"Oh,"

"Well Malfoy jr.Let's see how well you can play,"

Keepers were then sorted.
Who was Gryffindors captain.

Then Beaters.
Who were a pair of burly 5th years.

Then Chasers.
"James Potter,Angela Spinnet and Jessica Strauss,"

"First match is....Let's add some interest...let me see...Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!"

The Slytherin and Gryffindor teams made their way out to the pitch and grabbed their brooms.

Lucius and Lucia came face to face.

"So how was your detention?"Lucius grinned.

"It was fine really.She just lectured me on why 1st and 2nd years shouldn't be going to Hogsmeade." Lucia shrugged,"Then it was over,Wasn't much of a detention if you ask me,"

"And the Match begins,"Pandora Ariti yells.

Lucia was paying no attention to Pandora announcing the score whenever James, Angela or Jessica scored.

Her sole focus was on the snitch.

To the snitch that Lucius was chasing.

Shit.

Lucia sped up and flew to where the snitch was.

She was at his shoulder.

Almost there.

Lucia and Lucius were now flying neck to neck.

Her arm was stretched towards the snitch.

She was right there, adrenaline coursing through every vein inside of her body, heart beating double time.

She was right there, and she just hoped that she could close her fist around the Snitch before Lucius could.

She was reaching out and Lucius was reaching out and the Snitch was right there and-

Lucius' hand moved.

Lucia saw the moment that the Snitch left her target line. She saw Lucius' hand grip the empty air beside the small golden ball, its wings just barely grazing his fingers.

She felt the moment that the Snitch entered her grip.

She felt the moment the cold metal began biting at the exposed skin of her palm.

She had done it.

She had won the midnight match.

But only because Lucius had let her.

"AND GRYFFINDOR WINS; 290:150,"

"Good job," Lucius congratulated her.

He turned around and descended to the pitch below without allowing Lucia the time to respond.

Lucia was engulfed into a group hug with the members of the team that she was currently in.

But her mind was still wondering.

Still wondering why Lucius had let her grab the snitch.

He could have confirmed a victory for Slytherin but yet he let her get the snitch.