32)

10th December 1971

Lucia Malfoy walked into the Common Room with Hestia Jones,just narrowly being missed by 2 idiots who were chasing each other around the Common Room.

On closer inspection,the 2 idiots were James and Sirius.

"So you want to move into Me,Aanya and Marlene's dorm?"Lucia said,taking a seat on one of the maroon sofas.

"Yeah,Mary snores like a hog and Lily studies at 2am! 2am!"Hestia shook her head."I can't sleep in that room."

"And you think that you'll be able to sleep in my dorm?"

"Probably,yeah"

"WATCH IT,YOU TWO!"Jessica yelled as she was passing through the Common Room.

Lucia and Hestia almost jumped off the sofa in shock.

Sirius had dived for James's feet,trying to knock the boy over,but had almost skidded into the fire.

"Marlene and Aanya went to get Emma,Dorcas and Emmeline,"

"It's a girls night?"

"Yeah it is."

"It's been 10ish minutes,they should be back by know,"

"And they are,"Hestia said as Lucia turned around to see the 5 girls walking in.

"OH MY GOSH!"Hestia screamed,"GIANT HAIRY SPIDER!"

"WHERE?"Peter screamed back.

"THERE!"Hestia yelled back."WAIT.WHERE DID THE STUPID THING GO?"

Lucia instantly climbed onto a piece of furniture,the rest of the Gryffindor 1st years following.

Emma,Dorcas and Emmeline were quick to join them.

Every 1st year was glancing around,trying to not fall of their chosen piece of furniture.

"DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW,IN A ONE-HORSE OPEN SLEIGH,"The Fat Lady yelled from outside the common room.

"My ears!"Dorcas moaned.

All the 1st years winced and covered their ears.

James fell off the table;taking Peter down with him.

"Who's dying?"Emma muttered.

"The Fat Lady."Marlene said.

The portrait swung open.

"Oh hi guys,"Lily said,before looking around curiously."What game are we playing?"

"We are playing,Hestia-saw-a-giant-hairy-spider-and-we-don't-know-where-it-went."Remus said.

Lily shrieked and instantly clambered onto a piece of furniture.

The portrait swung open again and Jessica Strauss walked in with the Prewett Twins.

"What's going on?"

"Spider,"Answered Lucia,trying to calm down.

"So that's where Flutter went."

"YOU NAMED THAT THING?"Sirius screamed,recovering from his speechlessness.

"Yes?"

"Are you Gryffindor's or what?"Gideon asked.

"JUST GET RID OFF IT!"Mary begged.

"Accio Flutters,"

The 'Giant and Hairy Spider' flew out from under Remus' desk and landed in Jessica's outstretched hand.

Sirius shrieked.

"Because that's so giant and scary,"Marlene muttered sarcastically.

"You were on the couch too!"Peter pointed out.

"I didn't know that it was this big."

"Shut up McKinnon!"

After helping Hestia move her stuff from her old dorm to her new,the girls had finally settled into Lucia's dorm.

"What's this called again?"Mary asked,as she threw some jellybeans into the air but failing to catch even one in her mouth.

"Bertie Botts every flavor beans,"Aanya answered."and I wouldn't do that if I was you,"

"Why not?"

"They have every flavor,"Emma interjected,"Even one's like spinach,vomit and cheese,"

"Pass me the green one,"Lucia said.

"That looks like spinach,"Aanya said.

"5 sickles that it's apple,"

"It's on!"

"Wouldn't apple be red?"Hestia questioned.

"Green apples exist!"Lucia defended.

Lily sliced the green jellybean in half and gave one to Aanya and the other to Lucia.

"Apple or Spinach?"Emmeline said carefully watching the reactions of both girls.

Lucia's lips curved upwards into a smirk,as she stretched her arm out for 5 sickles.

"Pay up,Diggory!"

Aanya reluctantly handed Lucia 5 sickles.

"Okay,me now!"Hestia said.

"Mary pick one!"Emmeline said,as she picked up a packet of chocolate frogs.

Mary reached into the box and picked out a light grey one.

"That,"Lucia said."looks like pepper."

"It does,"Aanya agreed.

"Who wants it?"

"Give it to Hestia!"Marlene said,"After all she did offer!"

"Traitor!"Hestia hissed.She closed her eyes and winced as a sharp peppery taste flooded her tastebuds.

"I'm guessing that was pepper,"Lily said glancing up from her History of magic essay.

"Put the homework away,Lily,"Emma said."It's a girls night,not a homework one!"

"It's due in tomorrow,"Lily cried in exasperation.

"Copy mine but change the words,"Lucia offered,picking up her bag and searching for the essay.

"Lifesaver!"

"Can I read through it too?"Dorcas asked,sheepishly."I haven't done mine either,"

"And she's a Ravenclaw,"Marlene muttered.

"Says the one that was scared of a spider!"

"That was Hestia!"

"Alright.Calm down,"Emma said.

"Anyone else need the essay?"

Murmurs of "no," went around as the others went back to eating wizarding sweets.