CHAPTER 37

Eunji didn't know how she finds herself in the middle of nowhere with the man she was supposed to avoid and hate.

But she's there, sitting close to the bonfire that the man had created earlier when his phone was close to dying.

Jake reached for an another branch and put it in the fire. Eunji hugged her knees as her chin rested against the handkerchief that is wrapped around her wound.

Earlier, upon finishing cleaning her wounds, Jake asked her if she can walk which she answered with a nod despite the pain coming from her knees. She was determined to leave the place as soon as possible as aside from it's scaring her real bad because of the darkness that surrounds them, she also needs to get away from the man as soon as possible.

But upon knowing the battery of his phone, the only thing that gives them light, she immediately let go of the idea. She chose to just stay there, in an open field rather risk going back yo the main road as his phone will die at any moment.

And Eunji didn't want to get lost in the middle of the forest. In the middle of darkness.

And now, they are there, sitting across each other. And she prefer it that way.

"Are you cold? " Jake asked, eyes looking at her.

"I'm fine, the fire is giving me heat so I'm alright. " She lied.

No, the fire couldn't provide her the enough heat she needed and it's making her shiver from coldness. But she's trying her best to hide it.

She smiled and immediately avoided his gaze.

I'm sorry, Jisu. I'm sorry I'm stuck with him...

She sighed, biting her lip and moved closer to the fire. She extended her hands and rubbed her palms before opening them to feel the heat.

Jake watches the action in silence. He reached for an another branch and throw it on the fire before taking off his jacket.

"Here. "

Eunji looked at him and eyed the jacket he is offering to her. "Thank you but no, it's cold. You need that. " She said, forcing a smile while shaking her head.

Jake sighed, rising to his feet and walked towards her. He stop behind her and put the jacket on her, wrapping it in her shoulder.

"I'm a winter person. When I tell you I'm fine, I am fine. And I am fine, I can handle the coldness, miss Kim. " He stated, smiling to her.

Eunji gulped, feeling her heart skipped a beat from the proximity of their face. If he is already handsome, attractive before, well upon seeing him close, she can definitely tell he is utterly and breathtakingly beautiful.

With hues of orange that the fire is creating with the contrast of darkness, he is flawless from her views.

"T-thank you. " Eunji replied, stuttering.

Jake smiled causing her cheeks to heat up. Thank goodness it's dark so he couldn't see the tint of pink in her cheeks.

Eunji cleared her throat when Jake went back to his previous spot.

What is this feeling?