CHAPTER 104

Eunji knocked not just once but twice on the door of her parents' room while calling her mother.

When she received no response from the inside, she twisted the doorknob and peek inside. The sleeping figure of her mother immediately greeted her line of sight.

She sighed before closing the door gently behind her before heading downstairs.

There she immediately spotted Jake who is sitting in one of the stool with his back, leaning against the wall with his eyes closed.

Her eyes fell to the sleeping people in the living room. Jungwon and sunoo are passed out on the long couch while Taki and Hanbin are occupying the single couches.

Her eyes fell to the four more people scattered on the ground. Beomgyu, Nicholas, Hwarang and K.

Eunji internally curse them while shaking his head. Her father is sitting on the chair at the table across Jake.

She sighed and walked towards the latter. Her hand reaching to his locks then brushed it using her fingers.

Jake's eyes slowly opened. "Baby"

Eunji stilled on her spot when his arms suddenly snaked around her waist as he leaned to her, burying his face against her.

"Your family is fun. Your cousins are fun. " His voice is hoarse, Eunji noticed. "I had fun hanging out with them. "

"Yeah, I know. I can tell. " She says, eyes looking at the case of beers and bottles of whiskeys in the corner.

She shakes her head, a smile spreading to her lips. "You said you're not drunk but look at you. "

Jake's hold to her tightened. "I'm not. I'm just a little tipsy, baby. "

Jake's eyes are hooded. His ears, along with his cheeks, are flushed red. Anyone who will see him can immediately tell that he is drunk. And him denying it makes Eunji chuckle.

"I'll just believe you if you can stand up. " She joked but the man took it seriously.

He stood up, hands still around his waist as he towers her. "See? "

Eunji blinked before looking up to look at him. But as she did so, Jake buried his head against the crook of her neck.

She just stood there, not knowing what to do. They stayed there with that position for a few minutes before the man pulled away then went to her father and effortlessly carry him in his back.

"Can you show me where's your parents' room, baby? I can't just leave your father here. "

How thoughtful of him...

The situation just melted Eunji's heart. Despite him being not sobber, he still taking care of her father.

She smiled, nodding. "Are you sure you can carry dad? "

"Baby, I told you, I'm not drunk. "

That is not her question but hearing him being defensive made her laugh. "Alright alright, if you say so. "

She showed him the way to her parents' room and opened the door wide for the man and her father.

Jake gently placed her father on the bed, right beside her mom. Eunji helped him as he did so.

Just like what Jake did to her dad, he took her cousins who are on the floor to the guest room, the room he slept before. He carried them one by one with the help of Eunji.

"You'll go home? " She asked when the man took his jacket on the backrest of one of the chairs in the living room.

"Hmm, to my grandma's" he answered, facing her. "Why? Miss me already? " He asked.

Eunji managed to roll her eyes despite being worried. The man is obviously drunk. And he will drive.

Eunji doesn't want him to drive in that state.

She sighed. "Why don't you just sleep here? I mean, you're dru- tipsy. "

Jake smiled, taking a step closer to her. His hands wrapping around her waist as once again, just like earlier, he buried his head on the crook of her neck.

Eunji smelled the alcohol mixed with his perfume.

"Baby, you're aware there is no available room for me, right? "

Indeed. The guest room and the couches are being occupied by her cousins.

"I know you're worried for me driving, but i just want to let you know that I can manage. Trust me. "

I do trust you but not this time, you consumed alcohol!

"You remember what you told me before? " Eunji spoke.

"Hmm? "

"About allowing you going somewhere or do something? " She added, making sure he remembers it.

He hummed. "I do. "

"Well, I am not allowing you to drive tonight. Tipsy or sobber, I'm not allowing it. Just sleep here, my room is available. I'll just sleep in my parents' room." She said. "If you really want to go home, then you have no choice but to commute. "

Jake leaned back to look at her.

"Please? " Eunji even added with hopeful eyes.

He chuckled. "Alright baby. " He leaned down to kiss her forehead. "If that's what you want. "

Eunji smiled and walked the man towards her room. Jake will sleep in her room while she will just sleep in her parents'.

That's her plan.

But while waiting for Jake who took a shower, Eunji didn't realized herself falling asleep on her own bed.

She did not sleep in her parents'room that night.