CHAPTER 80

"I'm home! "

Eunji shouted enthusiastically once she entered the home of Shin. She saw two heads popping to the side of the wall, peeking in the living room.

"Oh, Eunji! You're here already? " Her dad spoke, entering the room.

Eunji nodded vigorously.

"Is Jake with you? " Her mother followed her father, eyebrows going up and down in a playful manner. Her eyes held expectation and that makes Eunji scratch the back of her head.

"Ahh, about that..." She paused, hesitantly shaking her head. "He is busy so I could not ask him to go here. "

The smile both of her parents held immediately drop. And that makes her want to roll her eyes.

What did even Jake do to them?

"But hey! I'm here! Your daughter came home! " She cheered, opening her arms, waiting to be hugged.

"Ayooo, Eunji is home~ " her mother says, going to her daughter to give her a hug. Mr. Shin just went yo them and patted her head.

At least they're still grateful I'm home. I thought they love Jake more than me now

She thought.

After a few minutes, Eunji went to her room and took a nap, just like what she said to her parents.

She smiled and sigh contentedly, hugging the pillow as she slowly succumb to slumber.

-

It was around almost eight in the evening when Eunji woke up. She took a quick bath and changed her clothes into pjs before going downstairs, to the kitchen where her parents are.

"I'm hungry. " She sat on one of the bars and rests her hands on the island.

"We are too, honey. But we need to wait more a little longer for the brisket to be fully cooked. " Her mother replied.

Eunji glanced at his father who is now busy with his phone in front of the table.

She smiled. "I didn't know why we're having a brisket, is there an event tonight? "

Her mother shook her head. "There's no event, Eunji. Is it wrong to cook brisket without celebrating an event? "

Eunji immediately shook her head, smiling widely. "Of course not! I'm just surprised. " She says, chuckling.

Although Eunji finds it odd for her mother to cook brisket without celebrating something, she just shook the feeling away and watches her mother prepare the other side dishes.

"Do you need a hand, mom? " She asked.

Before her mother could even reply, a door bell was heard inside their house.

"Can you get it for me, sweetie? "

Eunji nodded to her mother and went to attend the door.

Her eyes widened in surprise upon seeing the smiling  person standing in front of her. Confusion immediately rises to her system.

"Jake? What are you doing here? " Bewilderment is apparent to her voice.

Before Jake could even answer, a new voice coming from behind of Eunji stopped him.

"Jake! You made it just in time, the dinner is ready! " Her mother spoke in so much enthusiasm. "Come inside. "

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs Shin. " Jake bowed to her mother then faced her after. "Hello, Ej. " He greeted her, eyes not leaving her confused ones.

Eunji blinked, trying to process what's happening. "I don't understand anything? "

"Ah, right Eunji. I called him before you arrived earlier. I had a hunch you won't invite him so I did. "

Eunji suddenly want the ground to swallow her right there and then. How could her mother invite someone over.....

Oh gosh, he's busy!

Eunji looked at Jake who is still looking at her. He smiled and she immediately returned with an awkward one. She felt sorry for him.

This is embarrassing.

Now, she understand why her mother cooked that brisket.