CHAPTER 58

"Are you still cold? "

Eunji looked at Jake who is busy driving. She bit her lip and looked at the large white shirt she is wearing and a denim jacket that the man offered her earlier.

She hugged herself and shook her head. "Nope, it's fine. Thank you for these, by the way. "

Jake glanced at her then smiled.

Earlier, when he noticed her shivering on her seat, he offered her extra clothes he has with him and gave her his jacket.

Eunji refused at first but in the end, she accepted. They stopped by a foodchain restaurant where she changed her clothes before they continue their journey to Busan.

Eunji cleared her throat. "You said you'll go to Busan. I didn't know you're from there. "

Jake hummed, the corner of his lips tugging upward. "Actually, no. I'm from Seoul, I live in Seoul. Didn't you know that already? "

Huh?

"My grandparents from my mother side do live there. We're having a family gathering tomorrow, that's why I'm heading there tonight. "

Eunji is busy looking outside through the tinted window of Jake's car. Without thinking, she replied carelessly.

"Oh, I didn't know that Layla—"

She stopped, eyes going wide from the realization.

Oh no.

She slowly tilted her head to the side to look at him, hoping he didn't hear what she called him.

But seeing him having no reaction at all makes her sigh in relief. Or that's what she thought because the next thing the man says almost makes her slide from her seat.

"That's because I didn't tell you that, Ej. "

"W-what...."

Jake glanced at her. "Hmm? "

"H-how did y-you...." Eunji stuttered, mind blank at the moment. "W-what.."

He chuckles, glancing to her. "How did I found out? " He asked so casually, as if he knew all of this all along.

Having troubles to find her voice, Eunji immediately nodded. "W-when too... "

"I started having an idea of you and that girl i was talking to online when you first ranted about pineapple on pizza. " Jake started causing Eunji to stare at him, dumbfounded. "To be frank with you, you're easy to read. You're like an open book, careless in a certain way. "

"I have my speculations since then. But I do not easily believe without a solid or strong evidence. So when you sent me that pic of me in jeju and ranted the night before the outreach program about the pizza, that's when I confirmed it. That's when I found you. "

He glanced at her, smirking.

"Because I was there. "

Eunji couldn't believe what she heard. She couldn't comprehend it. "But I did say I don't study in POSTECH"

How smart is he?

"Hmm, you did. But everyone can say that. " He replied. "Everyone can lie online. "

Eunji wanted to melt right there and then. The embarrassment, the humiliation is making her want go disappear at the moment.

Jake chuckled. "Even in real life, you're really amusing, Ej. "

Oh gosh.

He looked at her. "What about you, when did you know it was me? "

She bit her lip. She thought she first found him. Oh how wrong she is.

"That night in Starbucks. " She whispered, audible enough for the other to hear.

Jake smiled. "I see. "

Of course! You literally told me your name!

Silence followed after that. The ride was silent until the man played some music. And right there, when Bazzi's songs came out from the speaker, the awkward atmosphere has faded.

Because right there, Eunji talks about her interest to the artist's music in which Jake silently listened.

And like that, they talked how they did online. They talked as if they're friends.

It's not though. Or at least to Jake because for the first time, he doesn't want to be friends with someone.

Someone that piques his interest.