CHAPTER 94

"Eunji, your shot! "

Eunji gladly took the shot, chugging down the alcohol without any word. The bitter taste of it made her grimace.

It's the fifth shot she took since the program ended. She's not yet drunk, unlike the other students sitting at the long desk, neither tipsy. She's completely sobber, just like her friends.

"Yeonjun, your turn! "

Eunji looked at the man sitting next to her who smiled and chugged down the alcohol without declining.

Eunji knows him since freshman. The man was the first person who confessed to her but since she doesn't like him and can only see him nothing but a friend, she immediately turned him down.

The rejection turned out well. Because unlike the others, Yeonjun took it well and accepted her decision. They became friends after that.

When they entered sophomore, the building of biology department was switched to the business administration building which is far from the architecture building.

That's why they seldomly see each other and they just naturally grew apart. And tonight is the first time they have talk and seen each other again.

"I didn't know acquaintance party could be this fun and wild, to be honest. " Yeonjun spoke with a loud voice, trying to be heard from the loud music that is currently playing inside the hall.

Eunji's brow furrowed, didn't catch what he said. That's why she leaned closer to him then asked. "What? "

Before repeating what he said, Yeonjun followed what Eunji did. He also leaned closer to her, his lips barely touching his ear.

"I didn't know acquaintance party could be this fu-"

His sentence was interrupted when a glass was suddenly slammed down the table with a loud thud. Right in front of them.

The people around the table suddenly went quiet, probably surprised too from what just happened.

Annoyed by the careless and disrespectful act, Eunji looked to the space to her left side and saw a familiar man's back, reaching for an available chair from the other side then pulled it to their table.

She was about to voice out her thoughts but cat got her tongue upon finally seeing who the man is. Her eyes widened.

What is he doing here?!

Jake sat at the far edge of the table, eyes not leaving the man's figure. If looks could kill, Yeonjun is probably dead by now.

The atmosphere escalated so quickly. Few seconds ago, they were laughing and having fun. Now, everyone is surprised and probably scared to talk as they watches the unfolding scene.

No one talks. No one even tried. Well, except Eunji.

"Jake? "

Jake didn't throw her a glance. His eyes are set and doesn't leave Yeonjun's. Though his hands acknowledged her as it reached to her shoulder and to her back, and let it rest there. His fingers started poking the back of her neck and shoulder blades, leaving it with light touches. As if caressing them which sends chills down to her spine.

It's a sign.

A sign that the girl belongs to him. It's an act of claiming, an act to warn and show everyone that she's his.

For them to keep their distance.

Which Yeonjun immediately understood. He cleared his throat and distanced himself.

Eunji looked around to where her friends are. Just like the other's, they are also watching.

Jisu are looking at them with confusion while Sowon, she is watching them with wide eyes. As if she couldn't believe what just happened.

Well, Eunji too. She couldn't believe what just happened. What is happening. She thought the man was in Busan.

Eunji tore her eyes away from her friends and set them back to Jake who is still looking at Yeonjun. She sighed.

She lifted her hand and wrapped it around Jake's fingers. Jake finally looked at her.

Eunji swallowed hard when the intensity of his eyes was passed on her as he stare at her with full of intensity. It's making her quite nervous.

Jake poke the inside of his cheek with his tongue then leaned forward. He poured alcohol in the glass he put on the table earlier and chugged it down, eyes not leaving hers.

And hell that was sexy.

Eunji was not drunk nor tipsy. She's completely sobber the last time she checked but the alcohol she took earlier is definitely doing something to her now.

Because why would she shamelessly stare at him, to his lips to be exact as if she wanted to taste it, right?