CHAPTER 120

Eunji opened the door of her apartment to let Jake enter her home.

"I brought chicken and ice cream, just like what you requested. " She followed him to her kitchen after closing the door gently behind her.

Eunji was silent and just watch his back.

Jake set the paper box filled with chicken along with the plastic contains a one litter box of vanilla ice cream.

"How's your head? " He walked to her and was about to place his hand to her forehead but Eunji immediately stepped back before he could even touch her. Worry immediately flashed through his eyes from her change of demeanor.

Eunji avoided his gaze and, arms hugging herself. Since the talk she had with that Iseul earlier, she could not help but to worry. To overthink.

Ruin someone's family.

His son.

Eunji is not a homewrecker. And she doesn't want to be. Not now, not in the future. Even when that means she has to let someone important to her, go....

But not easily. As much as she is hurting and not want to be a reason of someone growing without a dad, she will not let go easily.

She has to know everything. She needs to hear both side. She needs to prove that what that girl is saying is true, or she's just one of those obsessed fans of his.

But the pictures...

"Baby, what's wrong? " Jake asked in a tender tone.

Eunji sighed then looked at him straight in the eye. She is looking at him as if she is searching for his soul, searching for genuineness.

Or lies.

"Who is Iseul? " She straightforwardly asked.

Jake's brows furrowed. "Iseul? "

Eunji took her phone from the table and went to the conversation she had with the unknown number earlier. She tapped one of the pictures then showed it to him.

Jake looked at the screen. "Ah, Iseul. " He says, nodding. "Where did you get that picture? "

"That doesn't matter, does it? " She says. "So you know her. " That is not a question, but a statement. Regardless, he nodded.

"I do. "

"Who is she? "

"Just someone from the past. " He answered truthfully and nonchalantly as if the topic is not a big deal. Eunji did not speak as she just looked at him, pressuring him to talk. To explain. And so he did. "She is one of the people I had a dates with. I did mentioned that to you before, didn't I? "

"She was the last girl I had a date with back in high school. We didn't had a relationship, baby. "

Eunji bit her lip. If they had a thing back in high school, then their son could be more than two years old now. Her heart clenched.

"But you two had a child..." She whispered, not wanting the other to catch it but unfortunately, the man did.

Jake chuckled.

"What's funny? " Eunji asked, in the verge of crying but she held herself.

The man shook his head, going closer to her. His hands wrapped around her waist. "Is that why you're distant? Upset? "

She didn't answer making him hummed and speak once again.

"Don't worry, love. We don't. " He says. "We don't have a kid. "

Huh?

"I didn't sleep with her. I never slept with her so you don't have to worry. " He added. He leaned down and kiss her forehead when Eunji was just looking at him, confused.

Jake lets go to prepare the table. "Oh right, she went to school earlier. She wanted to talk. "

"Did you? "

Jake shook his head. "I don't but I had no choice. " He looked at her. "Don't worry, Heeseung and Jay were with me. She just congratulated me for being in a relationship gor the first time. Guess the word of us being together reached her. "

Oh...

Eunji nodded. He denied what that girl said. He denied him having a child with that girl. And Eunji believes him.

She just hopes Jake is not lying.