25

Bucky stayed silent as I tried to calm the fire inside of me.

Was he staying here? Did he know I was here? Why was he avoiding me then?

"What..are..you..doing here??" I asked again.

Nothing.

"So what you're stalking me while also ignoring me?

"I'm not stalking you." He flatly responded ignoring your other question.

"So why are you here?"

"It's a nice hotel."

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes. "It's average at best."

He was quiet again.

"What's going on James? Seriously."

"I just wanted to be near by just in case."

I raised an eyebrow, "In case what?"

"Well I'm sure SHIELD isn't happy about you betraying them for me."

" So that's it again? Just you caring about your feelings. Don't want my death on your stupid conscience?" He looked away, "well it's not on you, I make my own decisions and if I want to be an idiot and risk my life for some guy with a sob story then that's what the hell I'll do."

I turned slightly ready to walk away and finish this agonizing conversation, "but don't worry, it won't happen again."

I headed towards the rental I had sent over and got in.

Asshole. Stupid annoying asshole.

————————
Bucky kept his distance for the past week but obviously my words in the parking lot didn't stop him from stalking me.

He never said a word but I would sometimes notice him peeking out his hotel room or following me out the lobby.

He just had to get his room directly across mine.

It's weird. This is weird. I mean..why was he doing this? Surely he had other things to do.

Well..maybe he doesn't. It's not like he can freely stroll around doing whatever.

I sighed at the situation and went over to look through the peephole.

His door was closed.

I grabbed the handle and pulled it slowly and quietly before shutting it the same way.

I tiptoe ran down the hall to the elevator and pushed the button.

By the time the doors opened Bucky was dragging his feet down the hall.

"Jesus Christ." I mumbled under my breath. "Just forget it." I grumbled and let the doors close before turning back the room.

Bucky stopped in the middle of the hallway trying to figure out my next move.

I marched right up to him, "this is getting old don't you think?"

He shrugged.

"I'm tired of you following me, I'm going to bed. You can leave me alone now."

I slammed the door shut and just opted for room service.

Maybe this is some kind of payback for spending years spying on people.

After dinner I did a little cleaning and some packing.

I've already been in the room for a week and I didn't want SHIELD to catch up to me so needed to keep moving.

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do. Maybe my injuries would be enough to make them believe I really tried my best and he just got away.

I pulled the covers around me as I got into bed. I hated this. I hated everything about this. On the run from my job, in physical pain and now this shit with Bucky didn't help.