23

My body couldn't move as my mind clinged to life itself.

I was not going to let myself die from a gunshot to the leg.

That's bullshit.

"Hey, keep your eyes opened." The smooth voice spoke again.

I was flying now.

My body was numb and cold but I could feel I wasn't on the ground anymore.

"Talk to me." He spoke again.

I did my best to look at him.

I regretted that.

There was a deep pain in his eyes.

"You came back for me?" I asked without realizing it.

He softly scoffed, " I couldn't live with myself if you had died because of me."

I said nothing.

He only cared about himself.

Selfish bastard.

Bucky was carrying me, "hold on."

He cautioned before starting off into a sprint.

Loud popping sounds broke the intense air.

They were shooting at us.

Bucky shifted me to fit in one arm while he used his metal one to deflect any bullets.

I tried to stay calm.

Watching him in action was very impressive.

He was so fast, focused and strong.

It just shows how dangerous hydra could be.

They had the materials to make more super soldiers.

Not all of them would be as good and kind and Steve and Bucky.

Before I noticed, we had reached the river.

Steve was there.

Did he come for me?

Or was Bucky right?

They just didn't want my death on their conscience.

I groaned in pain.

"Hold on." Bucky spoke before laying me down. "Steve keep watch. I'll see what I can do and get her in the boat."

I tilted my head to the side to see a small speed boat.

Bucky pulled out a knife and cut my pants.

He tore the fabric and wrapped it around my leg to ease the blood flow.

I winced.

"You shouldn't have tried to look for me."  Bucky scolded.

I didn't respond.

"I left for a reason." He coldly added.

"Fuck You." I bit back.

A small almost undetectable smirk crossed his lips.

I looked away angrily.

I was bleeding out and he was scolding me.

He lifted me up and walked over to the boat and laid me on a blanket.

"Just hold on." He spoke again before heading to Steve.

My consciousness faded in and out.

Eventually I heard the engine start up and the boat began speeding off.

I closed my eyes.

"Hey," I was shaken harshly. "Stay awake."

"Why? So you can chew me out some more?" I snapped at Bucky.

"He's just looking out for you." Steve cut in.

"Yeah right." I groaned out.

The boat continued to speed up the river as I was losing consciousness.

————————

My eyes burned as they opened to a bright light.

I'm dead.

"Buck." A voice said as my vision stared to come to me.

A large dark figure quickly approached me. There were two.

"Step-Rhea..." a deep voice said, breath hitching. "Are you okay? Get the doctor Steve."

One of the dark masses exited the room. I weakly lifted my arm to rub my eyes. "What's going on?" My voice croaked.

"You were kidnapped and shot trying to look for me. We called a private doctor and we're somewhere safe. No one knows where we are."

I could finally see Bucky's tired face and slumped over shoulders. He looked exhausted. "We're just glad you're okay. We were worried."

"Yeah right" I grumbled. "I'm sure your conscience will thank you later is what you mean."

"Huh?"

"You don't care about me, you just don't want another death on your hands."

Pain and confusion crossed his face as he opened his mouth to speak.

The door shot open talking him away from his response.

"Ms. Mars! How are you feeling? Do you know where you are?"

I answered his questions to the best of my ability while my vital signs were checked.

"You're doing very well. I believe you will be able to go home soon actually. You'll be in a cast for a while until your leg heals but you'll be good as new in no time." He smiled before exiting the room.

"You could've gotten yourself killed." Steve fussed as soon as the doctor was gone.

"For the love of god please stop with all this nonsense." I whined irritably. "You guys don't care about me. I lied to both of you. Especially you James. I was lying to you from the second I met you. You can't care about a person like that, so let's just stop pretending. I'm tired. I'm in pain and I just want it to stop." I closed my eyes and took a long deep breath before opening them again. "I appreciate you guys saving my life or whatever but none of us are good people so let's stop acting like we care about each other."

The room was so silent I could hear my heart beating. "It'll be a whole lot easier that way." I spoke again.

Hi I know it's been forever and I don't know if I'm gonna be posting again but I was just going through my notifications and stuff and wanted to at least finish the chapter I had started