11

"Okay James. What do we do now? Where do we go?" I asked.

"Russia."

My eyes widened. "Russia? I've never been to Russia.."I trailed off.

I'm not the biggest fan of going to new countries, especially countries I know little about with a stranger who was possibly a psychopath. I'm also going against SHELD protocol working with Bucky. This probably won't end well.

"Did you hear me Stephanie?" Bucky spoke snapping my out of me thoughts.

"No I'm sorry, what?"

"I said I'll lead this mission. I know where we're going. I speak Russian it shouldn't be too hard."

"Won't the Russians know they've lost their men? They base might be guarded or trapped."

"We can figure that out later but we need to get there first."

I nodded. "I can get us a car."

"How?" He asked as if he was surprised.

"I'll..just go.. rent..one?"

He faintly smiled, "Oh yeah. You can do that. I'm so used to being under the radar."

I smiled,"Well just let me handle the above radar things."

I had multiple fake I.Ds even a few SHIELD didn't know about. I'd have to use one of those so they'd think I was still in Romania.

"I have some money if you need it for gas and stuff." Bucky spoke up.

I smiled at him,"Don't worry. I've got it covered."

SHIELD also gave me a cash and a credit card loaded for missions.

I'd just simply exchange the cash for different bills so they couldn't trace it.

I had to leave no trace.

But there's still no doubt that SHIELD would come after me without a vengeance.

If I really wanted to protect myself, and I do, then I would need to tell Bucky the truth about me. This needs to be transparent and honest.

I just have to find the best way to break it to him.

"What are you thinking about?" Bucky asked.

"Just that we'll need weapons. I'm sure we wont be alone out there. We don't wanna be caught off guard."

He nodded.
"There's a warehouse near here. They sell weapons. Illegally of course. It is guarded. But I'm sure we could get a few. Or I could get a few. You should just stay away."

I shook my head,"No. You just said yourself that the place is guarded. I won't let you go alone."

He rolled his eyes,"Well I don't know if you've noticed sweetheart," he said sarcastically,"but I'm a super soldier."

I slightly huffed."Yes James I am well aware but that doesn't mean you are invincible and that doesn't mean you don't need backup."

"You'd be better off in the car." He said through his teeth. "Or here."

"No. I wouldn't. I know how to fight. I've taken ju jitsu, martial arts and self defense for 8 years. I can help."

He looked at me for a minute silently.
"You take one hit and you're out of there. Do you understand?"

Now was my turn to roll my eyes. "Sure." I mumbled. "It's getting late. We should eat and rest. Tomorrow we can head out."

"We need to get the guns now. I've been scoping them out. Around 9 every night they do a shift change. To keep things organized the first shift guards leave as soon as the second shift arrive. Then we make our move."

"Its 7:30 now. How far is the warehouse?"

"About 20miles east."

I nodded. "Okay. I'll hail a taxi, grab any weapon you already have. I have a switch blade."

He reached into his backpack and pulled out a a small burlap sack. He opened it and drew out two extremely sharp hunting knives.

"Oh. Nice." I spoke taken a back by how prepared he was for anything.

I stood up and dusted my pants off.

"Well Barnes. Let's do this."

Another short chapter cause it's been forever since I've updated. I suck at consistency. I'm so sorry guys.