In Her Heat - Chapter Twenty Three

HEY GUUUYS !

I AM EXTREMEEELY SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT ! MY COMPUTER WENT BESERK AND DELETED STUFF, INCLUDING MY STORY ! STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RECOVERY, BUT MANAGED TO GET BACK THIS PART ! :) ENJOOOY !

***

I frowned. "What are you talking about?" I asked. Kat stared me down for a good long moment before she shook her head and retreated inside. "What?" I asked again, this time directing my question to Reese. He sighed and entered as well.

"The entire reserve is talking about the mad rage Cade was just in."

"Okay, he's always in a bad mood," I said, walking inside. I shut the door behind me. Cool air welcomed me from inside. It puckered my nipples, which sent a jolt between my legs. A jolt that buckled my knees. I would have crumbled to the floor, but Reese's arm snapped out the catch me. The contact didn't help. I gasped and my knees weakened even more. A flush spread across my chest, up my neck and into my face. I rarely blushed, but not being able to support myself from a wave of intense a arousal was just a bit embarrassing. Heavy dose of sarcasm here.

"You're getting closer," he said. "Kat, could you take her to bed?" Kat was at my side in an instant.

"No problem. With her bedridden she won't be able to escape my many, many questions."

"Bedridden?" I asked. "I'm horny, not invalid." I jerked my arm away from Reese's arm. The contact was causing a puddle between my legs, not that I would ever admit it.

"You almost fell from a breeze," Reese pointed out. "Usually at this point, shaman recommends weres stay in bed. It'll be a week, maybe less before you reach your peak."

"It's not that bad. I can't stay in bed all day," I protested.

"You can, and you will." With those words, Reese gently brushed Kat out of his way. His hands came under my butt and he scooped me up. Instinctively, my arms went around his neck, bringing our chests into close contact. As the moved, our chests brushed lightly. A sharp electric zing passed from my nipples straight to the ever growing pond between my legs. I moaned softly. He gripped me tighter and

I moaned louder as my eyes grew unfocused from the pleasure.

I imagined him teasing my nipples with his fingers. Plucking them, rolling them, applying just enough pressure to make my gasp his name. I pictured the hot look in his eyes right before his warm, wet mouth closed around one tight, aching bud. I almost groaned aloud.

"Reese," I whispered breathlessly into his ear. I clenched my legs together and ground my teeth to keep from begging him to take me.

"God, Ainsley, don't tempt me." He said harshly. As his breaths grew more ragged, his chest rasped more against my nipples.

"Oh Reese, hurry please. Damn... I swear I'm going to come..." He swore, a rough four letter word. The journey from the front door to my bedroom seemed to last forever.

He finally kicked open the door, and carried me to my bed. He set me down and I whimpered at the lost contact with my nipples.

He swallowed hard. "I'll go get Kat." He stood there a moment longer, and I didn't miss the bulge in his pants. He swore again, softly and left the room.

With the lack of contact with my nipples, my common sense returned. I flushed hard, feeling the heat across my body. What had gotten into me? I'd never acted that way before. And Reese - oh my gosh, I

could just imagine what he thought of me now.

I rolled over, wanting to hide my face in the number of pillows adorning the bed. Bad idea. My nipples poked into the silk comforters which only added to my horniness. I groaned in misery and arousal. I just wanted to be done with this heat thing.