In Her Heat - Chapter Nineteen

HEEEEEY GUYS ! NEW CHAPTEEER ! HOPE YOU ENJOY IT ! THE PICTURES GO: DECLAN, CAMERON SHANEE ! TELL ME WHO YOU THINK IS TOTALLY HOT !  ♥

****

Ten minutes later I was back in Damon’s office with Cade, Reese, Katarina and two other men. Several guards stood outside the door and throughout the building. I still didn’t know what had happened to Damon, so it was a bit disconcerting to be in the office without him. Cade and Reese hovered around Damon’s chair, neither of them sitting in it or touching it. Katarina stood at the door with another man. He was tall, probably past 6’1 with sandy brown hair and a smug confidence about him. Standing near the broken window looking down to where Damon must have fallen, was another man. He had blonde hair, aqua-blue eyes and a five o’clock shadow.

The door swung open and yet another man walked in. He looked like an intellectual type, with soft-looking brown curls and hazel blue eyes. A pair of glasses was held in his hand and a stack of papers in the other. He wasn’t as built as the others, but his body was lean and he had a quiet confidence that told me he could hold his own.

“Now that Cameron has finally arrived,” Cade said in a rough drawl, “We can start.”  Cade proceeded to introduce to me to the new men in the room. The tall man with the sandy brown hair standing next to Katarina was Declan, who worked with Kat in security. The man by the window, who didn’t turn as Cade introduced him, was Shane, head of security as well as attack and defense strategist and the new arrival was, as Cade had already said, Cameron. All the men in the room were sexy beasts (no pun intended) and this knowledge began to send my body heat up in a slow burn. I took a deep breath and willed myself not to embarrass myself.

“Cameron,” Cade was saying, “works in intel monitoring phone calls and transmitted messages sent between any other packs in this area. Him and his team screen them to look for potential threats. So Cameron, what did you find?”

Cameron slipped on his glasses. They were RayBans , I noticed. I didn’t know why that was important, just that it was. He shuffled through his sheets carefully, his eyes quickly scanning the contents, looking for something in particular. Cade gave a grunt of impatience. I rolled my eyes, slightly annoyed, but it seemed to put fear in Cameron because his shuffling picked up in pace. Geez, Cade was so commanding.

“Okay,” Cameron finally said, “At 2:45 this morning one of our team mates picked up a cell phone conversation between Ashton and another man. We don’t yet know who exactly the other man is, but we assume he is from Red Howl as the two discussed plans to bring Ainsley to their reserve. The man asked if Ashton had everything he needed and he said yes. The unknown man then went on to re-explain, it seemed, how to properly administer the sleeping drug to multiple people at once. They agreed to meet at Red Howl’s gate no later than three o’clock to make some sort of transaction - money, perhaps, or a piece of land. Ashton was supposed to figure out how far in your heat you are, but clearly that didn’t take place. Oh, and Raoul is a rebel half-were siding with Red Howl for protection.”

“That’s all you have?” Cade asked quietly.

 “We are working on getting more transcripts of phone calls that occurred, or any type of security footage. We are also working to send in more spies – two are already in place working to get any information on who was involved in this or what kinds of plans Luckas, their Alpha, has in place.”

“Very well,” said Cade with a sigh. “You better get me some updated news soon,” he warned.

Cameron nodded.

“You did well,” I said, smiling at him. He beamed, his face lighting up. Clearly he didn’t get appreciation often.

“Declan, what do we have on Ashton?” Ashton name came out on a hair raising snarl.