In Her Heat - Chapter Fourteen

OMG SOOOOO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT GUYS, BUT MY MICROSOFT IS DOWN. HERE IT IS ! HOPE YOU ENJOY !

***

“No. Not right now,” I said. I kept on walking. I can’t deal with this right now.”

“Ainsley, let me explain.” He followed after me, his eyes still not giving me any clue to what emotions he was feeling right now.

“Tomorrow, okay? We can sit down and talk about this, but tomorrow. Hell, we can even have tea. But not now Ashton - today has been stressful enough.”

“We’re going to talk now,” he said. I looked into his eyes. Now I could see more in his eyes than before, in a dangerous glint that lay there and sent my heart racing. Here was the predator in Ashton, the animal side to him.

And it looked like it was going to take a bite out of me.

His arm shot out quicker than I could anticipate and his fingers curled around my forearm.

I gasped. “Let me go, Ashton! What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked. Fear had my heart in a viselike grip and was ever so slowly tightening its hold. “Ashton, let me go right now. Now!” My heart was thudding hard in my head and fear surged higher, more powerful than before.

It further intensified when he started dragging me off. He pulled me off the path I’d been walking down, across the grass and towards the woods. The woods that were open territory.

“Ashton. Stop. Stop it right now.” I could hear how the fear thickened my voice and weakened my air of cool.

“Just shut up, Ainsley. I’m not going to hurt you. Damn.”

For some reason, my gut twisted at that. I didn’t realize why for a few seconds and then it hit me. I didn’t believe him.

It didn’t even have to do with what his father had potentially done, but with the dark, predatory look in his eyes and the bruising grip he had on my arm. I looked into his eyes, and I didn’t see the warm, friendly Ashton I’d seen up to now. This was a completely different man. A darker, more dangerous and intense man. A man that scared me.

Finally, my brain told me to stop trying to plead with him and just scream the heck out of my ever lovin’ mind.

And scream I did.

I screamed loud and hard. It pierced it my brain and gave me a headache, but I didn’t let up. I took in another deep breath of air and screamed again, louder and harder this time. It rasped my already sore and damaged throat, but that wasn’t my focus right now.

Ashton pulled me hard against his body and his hand came down hard over my mouth. “Damnit, Ainsley!” he snarled. His hand was almost suffocating, tightly pressed against my mouth. I thrashed against his hold, but there was no escaping. Panic rose in me and I bucked wildly, my eyes bugging, my brain in a turmoil. My foot connected with what I think was his shin and he swore viciously.

I could feel my wolf wildly struggling to rise to the surface and overthrow Ashton. I pulled on her strength and elbowed him, harder and with purpose. At the same time, I kicked my foot back, aiming for his cock.

Yes, I’ll admit my technique was hardly impressive, but it was all I needed to get him to loosen his hold.With a triumphant cry, I twisted and broke free and started to sprint for the path. My triumph was short lived, however, as I felt him grab the first thing he could. My hair.

I yelped as he jerked on the long strands. I need to cut the damn things!, I thought. I stumbled backwards into his arms. This time he didn’t waste time trying to convince me he wasn’t going to harm me. He pulled out two bandannas from his back pocket as he held me restrained firmly with one arm. I tried to loosen his hold once more, but he was firm and through playing games and giving allowances.