In Her Heat - Chapter Three

I stepped out of the bedroom. There was a short hallway with two doors leading to what I guessed was a bathroom and another bedroom. I looked into the bedroom. It was the same size as the one I'd been in but it looked unoccupied. I closed the door and looked into the bathroom. It was a good size and had a stand up shower and a jacuzzi bathtub. There were two sinks and a mirror going from one side of the wall to the other. And there was something on the counter.

I walked inside and went up to the counter. On it was a pink toothbrush in an unopened package and some toothpaste. I ripped open the package and took out the toothbrush. I turned on the tap and popped open the toothpaste. I wet my toothbrush and squirted toothpaste onto the pink bristles. I brushed my teeth. As I scrubbed my teeth, the scent of hashbrowns, eggs and bacon wafted into my nose. My favorite breakfast. How could they know that?

I finished brushing and put my toothbrush into the holder to the right of the sink. I looked in the cabinets, just in case there was anything else they'd gotten for me. There was. There was a comb and a brush, a pack of navy blue hair ties and a small cosmetic bag. I grabbed the brush and the hair ties first. I brushed through the thick black mass I called my hair before pulling it into a high ponytail that fell down my back. Then I took down the cosmetic case. In it was mascara, concealer, lipgloss eyeshadow, foundation and eyeliner.

I pulled out the mascara, concealer and eyeliner. They weren't my favorite brands, but they were pretty good. I used the concealer first, under my eyes. They weren't too bad this morning, I noticed. That sleep had really helped. After, I lined my eyelids with the eyeliner before using the mascara to add volume to my already thick lashes.

Done, I thought. I put everything away and went down the hall. It opened onto a living room and a kitchen. Reese was in the living room, pacing back and forth on the phone. Ashton was in the kitchen, going between the table and the stove.

"Hey guys," I said, coming into the living room. Reese looked up and gave me a smile, but didn't stop his conversation.

"Hey Ainsley. Come on over," Ashton said. I walked into the kitchen.

"Can I help with anything?" I asked him. On the counter beside the stove was a plate of bacon. I could see plates of eggs and hashbrowns on the small breakfast table.

"No, I think I'm good," Ashton said. "You can go and start eating. Plates are in the corner cupboard," he told me, going back to his work.

"Okay, thanks." I found the plates and took down three. I put on at each seat at the table before going back to the stove. Ashton had made a huge pile of bacon, so I took four pieces. I looked through the drawer until I found the cutlery. I took out three forks and a big spoon to take the food. I went back to the table. I spooned hashbrowns and eggs onto my plate. I said a quick prayer before digging in.

Minutes later Ashton and Reese joined me at the table.

"Wow, a girl who actually eats," Reese said, sitting to my right.

I snorted. "There's actually a few of us. We have our own club and everything," I said, rolling my eyes.

Ashton grinned and Reese laughed. They each took their own food. We sat in silence for a while. I spoke first. "So, what's the plan from here? I'm guessing this is the safe house?"

Ashton looked at Reese expectantly. "We've got a plane to catch in about two hours. It's a four hour flight to the reserve, so we should get there in the evening."

"Wait, what time is it now?" I asked.

"It's about two," Ashton told me.

"Okay. Well I we need to go to the mall. I need clothes."

"Not a problem." Ashton said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I already bought you some stuff."

"Who says I'll like it?" I countered. Did they think they ran my life now? That they could go and buy me stuff and expect me to wear it, no questions asked? That was the last straw. They were about to learn that I didn't take well to that sort of thing.

"I do."

"Well I've never been known for going along with thing easily. Take me to the mall," I told them.

"Eat your food," Ashton told me. Reese was watching the exchange with an infuriating smirk.

"Take me. To. The mall. Today."

Ashton ignored me. Now that pissed me off. I stood from the table. "Fine. I'll go by myself."

"You don't know the way," Ashton pointed out.

"I also don't care." I went to the front entrance and looked in the closet for shoes. I figured if they bought me clothes they'd buy me shoes. I was right. I found a pair of silver heels in the closet and took them out. By now Ashton and Reese had gotten up from their seats and were heading for me. I couldn't put on the shoes and have time to escape, so I held them in my hand and reached for the doorknob.

Before I could grasp it, a hard body pushed me against the wooden door. I dropped the shoes as my entire body sizzled at the contact. Ignoring my arousal, I struggled to get away. "Let me go, Ashton!" I didn't even have to look to know it was him.

"No. You're not leaving." His tone was commanding. It spiked my arousal and that made me mad. I fought harder. "Do you really think you can fight me?" He asked with a low chuckle.

I stilled. He was right, damn him. "Bastard. Get off me. I'm not going anywhere."

"Damn straight your not unless you want to be tied to your bed." The low threat made me tighten my thighs at the image. My hands and feet restrained as he had his wicked way with me... I almost groaned at the thought. "Damn hormones," I cursed.

Ashton released me and pushed me gently but firmly from the door. He went and stood by a grinning Reese while I glared angrily at both of them.

"Your mate is going to have quite the challenge," Reese said to Ashton in a low voice. Not low enough though, because I caught the comment.

"My what?" I asked, furrowing my brow.

"Come on," Reese said, "Get your breakfast. We need to talk."