In Her Heat - Chapter Twelve

GUYSSS ! I KNOW YOU ALL PROBABLY WANT TO SLAUGHTER ME WITH YOUR BARE HANDS FOR NOT POSTING IN SOO LONG. IT'S BEEN SO BUSY LATELY , BUT I AM SOOOO SORRY.

I BEG YOUR FORGIVENESS AND I WILL TRY TO BE BETTER ABOUT UPLOADING.

I OFFER MY ETERNAL SERVITUDE. haha, i joke.

HERE IT IS !

***

The sun went down as I stayed in that bed, its burning light changing the room's color to an orangey tint. Eventually, I was submerged in darkness, but I couldn't be bothered to turn on a light. I sat on the bed, reflecting on what Kat and Livia had revealed.

It was only a theory and just like the car accident theory, it could be false. It could be just rumours. Lies scrounged up by people furious with the death of my parents.

Or it could be true.

And what if it was? I couldn't become upset with Ashton or Damon because if it was true then it was their father's deed, not theirs. I couldn't pin their father's actions on their heads. But could I look Ashton in the eye and feel complete love for him if we mated? Could I respect Damon's decisions as Alpha knowing that the position should belong to my father, who would have still been alive?

I needed to talk to someone. Someone I could talk to freely, someone I knew would tell me the truth no matter how ugly it was. Normally, I would have gone to Olivia, my best friend. But I knew I couldn't talk to her until I was mated and out of heat - Damon had made that clear to me the first day I'd arrived. The next person that came to mind was Reese. But he and Ashton were best friends. Would it offend him if I asked? How would he react? Would he deny the whole theory and push me away? Or would he tell me the truth?

I ran my fingers through my hair, loose across my skin. There were too many questions, too many thoughts that didn't have an end. I needed concrete answers. I needed the truth. I deserved the truth.

I made up my mind. I would go to Reese. And if I had to, I would force him to give me the answers I required. I couldn't live my life on this reserve, my parents' home, among their friends not knowing the truth.

I climbed off the bed. I was wearing jean shorts but only a bra on top. I needed a shirt. In the bedroom was a closet and a dresser. I tried the dresser first, since it was closer. There were three drawers, each on top of the other so I started at the top and worked my way down. The first held boxers of every color. I reached my hand in and felt them. Silk - so hot. For a moment, I imagined Cade in a pair. My skin began to heat and prickle, the sensitivity returning. My nipples turned spike hard and I knew they would probably show through my bra. I pulled my hand out and went to the next one. The second had bra and panty sets, lacier and skimpier than most stuff my friends and I wore. I began to wonder if a guy had picked these out. The third drawer was empty. Weird.

I moved on to the closet. It was deeper than I'd thought and bursting with color. Three quarters of the space looked like it held women's clothing and the other quarter held men's clothing. My shorts were a dark wash so I looked for a white shirt. I wanted to keep it simple. I flipped through the hangers bypassing very skimpy tops. I wondered if this person didn't go nude only because it was against the law. I finally found a plain white tshirt. I threw it over my shoulder. On the floor were shoes. Lots of shoes. There had to be over fifty pairs of heels, flats, flip flops, sneakers and slippers. I found a pair of cute moccasins that looked to be about my size. I pulled them out and tried them on. A perfect fit. I slipped the tshirt over my head and it tousled my hair a bit. The tshirt fit snugly too. I looked at the clothes and the shoes and saw that they all looked like they would fit my build. Was it just a coincidence or were they for me?