Chapter 2

Zayn's POV

The last bell of the day rang through the halls, making my last class all gather their things and began to leave. I smiled at a few of my students as they left the class room.

Honestly, I was glad for this day to be over because I was so tired. My nerves of my first day teaching got to me, and now I'm just burnt out. It wasn't even the fact that I had trouble with my students, I have to say they're all pretty well behaved and intelligent. I was just nervous that I wouldn't be able to teach them all I wanted to, or my activities wouldn't work with them to begin to spark an interest in my class.

This morning I thought I would have a problem with that one lad that made a comment about that thin blonde boy, but he stayed in line for the rest of class and the other boy seemed to be too distracted by his granola bar to even care about anything around him.

Something in my bones didn't feel right about him. It wasn't him as a person, rather his well being. He's very thin, his clothes looked like they have been washed and worn for years even through his growth spurts, his skin looked like he had sat out in the middle of the desert for the summer, but seeing that little sparkle on his eyes when I gave him three extra granola bars I forgot the worry I had. I have a feeling he's going to be very good student, even if he told me he would have a problem getting the first assignment done.

There was a knock on my door and the door opened to a light haired man with bright blue eyes. I smiled and stopped what I was doing to show him I wasn't busy, and he could come in.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson, I'm the English teacher for the last year students. My room is right next to you, so I came to complain about the noise." He told me with a smile. I laughed, and reached my hand out to him.

"Zayn Malik, and I'll be having a loud classroom this year so get used to it." I told him, making him laugh. I put the last of my things in my messenger bag before getting it over my shoulder. I looked at the man that introduced himself to me as Louis, and saw him looking at his phone for a minute before looking back at me.

"So, my boyfriend and I are going out for a drink to celebrate making it through the first day of dealing with these demons. Would you like to come?" He asked me kindly. I wanted to say yes, but I know I don't want to be the third wheel if he's bringing his boyfriend.

"I would love to, but I have a feeling you would be one of those people that says you'll have one drink then end up undressing your boyfriend after a hour." I told him, guiding him out of my classroom. He looked at me and shook his head, then stopped and nodded.

"Do you have your PHD in psychology? Or are you just one of those people that can read people that well?" He asked me. I was going to answer that I only thought that of him because he's short and probably as British as they come so he can't hold his liquor, but I do have a bit of training in reading people.

"I've always been good at reading people, and you seem like trouble. I think we'll be great friends."I told him as we walked down the hall. He started asking me questions on how my first day was and if I liked all my students, but I was stopped mid sentence to answering him when we walked past the library and I saw that blonde boy working hard on some homework.

"What's his name?" I asked Louis, nodding in to the library. He looked, then shrugged as we continued walking.

"Niall Horan is his name. He's top of his class, and practically has schools fighting for him because of his grades. I had his class write an essay today about their plans after graduation, he said he dreams of going to school in America but will settle for London because of moving away. I've never met anyone as dedicated to school as he is." He told me, making my heart feel a weird feeling of pride for the young boy. I hope his parents or whoever helps him with his dream because if he's that smart, then he should use it all the ways possible.