Chapter 10

Zayn's POV

"Okay, guys! I'll have your tests graded by tomorrow!" I told my last class of the day as they all gathered their things. I started to erase the picture of an elephant I drew on the board when I lost interest in teaching the students any more about the way the mind reacts to major change as a child.

It's interesting, but I got bored and drew an elephant instead. I think my last period class thinks I've gone insane, but I had fun. My door opened just as I finished up, and I saw Harry stick his head in.

"Hey, you feeling better?" He asked me, making me frown and bunch my eyebrows up in confusion. Then I remembered that I wasn't here yesterday because I stayed home to help Niall a bit more with his flu. I guess people thought I was sick, but I'm fine. I'm great, actually. After getting to cuddle up Niall and make him laugh and learn more about his troubled life, I've never felt better in my life.

"Yeah, I'm good. What can I do for you, Harrold?" I asked him after a little white lie. He smiled, then came more into my classroom before blushing and giving me a small smile.

"Christmas is in a few months, and so is Louis' birthday. I was wondering if you wanted to help me with a party for him. He's always hating on his birthday because he's older and stuff, but I wanted to make it special." He asked me. I smiled and nodded immediately because that would be amazing help with that. Louis and I have become close as friends in the few months of school, but I would love to do anything for him.

"Of course, I'll help! When it gets closer we can talk about where we want it and who we want to invite. I think principal Maxwell is absolutely top on the invitation list." I told him, knowing damn well that man gives Louis the creeps. I feel the same, but he pisses me off more than anything else. Harry just laughed and nodded to me before my classroom door opened to my little blue eyed boy.

"Mr.Malik, I have to take that make up test. You told me I could do it after school?" Niall said quietly. I nodded and waved him over to sit in a desk while getting the test everyone had. Honestly, I would have given him a perfect score without him even taking it, but he had studied hard last night so I decided to treat him as all his other teachers. I saw he was relieved this morning when I told him he could come in and take it after school.

"How are you feeling? No fevers or aches?" I asked him quietly as I gave him his test so Harry wouldn't hear. He shook his head before looking at the test.

"I'm tired, but I'm okay." Niall told me in return. I pat his shoulder, then went over to my desk. Harry's green eyes were watching me closely which made me realize I wasn't doing well in hiding the fact I've gotten extremely close to my student.

Louis came into the classroom a few minutes later and the three of us began discussion going out of Friday night or having a night in with pizza and beer. With this job, we have to look forward to something to get us through the week. Louis was begging us to watch a football game on Friday night, which seemed to spark interest in the single student in my class.

"Derby and Doncaster Rovers, we have to watch it!" He told me and Harry.

"Derby?" Niall asked quietly, causing the three of us to look at him. He blushed deeply then looked down at his test again.

"Wait, are you a Derby fan? Seriously, if you are there's no winning." Louis sassed to my student. Niall looked up and shook his head before sassing back something I didn't really understand, but I liked how offended Louis got because of my Irish boy.

Both of them were fighting back and forth, but I made a note to ask Niall how he stayed in touch with this football team without a television or radio. Even though that slightly confused me, I was happy to see Niall so into talking to someone that wasn't me. He looked comfortable too, but that's how Louis makes everyone feel.