Chapter 8

Niall's POV

"Niall, babe, you have to take some more medicine. You're fever is back." I heard a sweet raspy voice speak to me through my sleep. I opened my eyes, and saw the room would still be dark if it weren't for the lamp that was on. When I rolled over on to my back so I could see Zayn, he was holding a cup with a straw in it, and something in his other hand.

"What time is it?" I asked him sounding extremely groggy. I felt like my fever was back and probably super high as well, but I knew I would be fine to leave here in the morning. I don't want to keep taking from him.

"It's 3:00 in the morning. I was just holding you, and suddenly I thought you were going to break into flames." He told me with a light smile that made me smile too. I let my eyes close because in my fuzzy mind, I decided going back to sleep is why he woke me up. But, a was shaken lightly then handed two tablets to take. The problem was I couldn't lift my hand to my mouth because I felt so weak.

In the end, Zayn had to put the tablets in my mouth and held my head up to drink orange juice from a straw. I ended up drinking the whole cup because I had forgotten how good that tasted, but the smug smile on Zayn's face made me realize that's why he gave me orange juice to keep me hydrated. I didn't mind if he was tricking me into drinking something, I liked how he was taking care of me. It was definitely strange to have this, but it wasn't uncomfortable with the way Zayn was doing it.

He set down the empty cup, then turned out the lights before pulling me close to him as he laid down. I let my eyes close as one of my hands lazily ran up and down the strong arm that was wrapped around my waist. My mind finally felt at ease, and for the first time in two years, I felt myself began to dream a little. It was small, but it still ment something to me because I could see her face even for a few minutes.

"Niall, what trouble are you getting into?" My mum asked my seven year old self. I stayed in the garden playing with the kitten I had found, thus leading me to ignore my mother's calls for me to go in for lunch.

I watched as she stepped down from the porch and made her way to me. Her long blonde hair blowing in the light summer breeze and her blue eyes dazzling with the same mischief my own carried. Her body was strong and healthy, as she went on long runs every morning before I would wake up.

"Mummy, his name is Harrison and I want to keep him." I announced to her in a stubborn voice so she wouldn't take the new friend I had made from me. She sat down in the grass with me and pet the tiny kittens ears with his long delicate fingers that she teaches me how to play violin with.

"Niall, that kitten might have an owner already. You can't just go around naming things that might not be yours." She told me gently, then place a kiss on my forehead. I picked up the tiny animal, that seemed larger when my small self was actually holding it, and held him close to me.

"But he's cute!" I whined and gave her my best begging eyes. Her eyes met mine and I saw her huff, then nod for me to come inside with her. That caused my small self to jump up with the kitten in my arms and run to the porch and up the steps. But once I got to the door, I turned back to see my mum smiling at me with all the love in the world.