Chapter 25

Niall's POV

Everyone's eyes were on me after I spoke. I forced myself to stop being nervous and willed away the tears that wanted to fall. I didn't dare look at Zayn because I knew that if I did he would be begging me with those beautiful brown eyes to stop this before I ruin things for me. I didn't care though. Love is about sacrifices, and I'm willing to sacrifice everything I have for Zayn.

"Mr.Horan, you have never had any issues with behavior or your grades. This makes no sense." Principal Maxwell told me with pure shock in his voice. I nodded sadly before looking back up to him.

"I got a B on my last test and I've never gotten one, so I thought he could bump it up for me, but he wouldn't. So, I made a bad choice, hoping I could get what I wanted. I know what I did is wrong, I just wanted a better grade. I've had a hard day, I got in a fight, and on top of all this I didn't need to know I wasn't going to get an A in this class." I lied to them with tears rolling down my cheeks. They all looked at Zayn, but I felt his eyes were on me. I gave a small nod for him to please go with this.

The room was deadly silent. My heart was pounding in my chest because I knew Zayn wasn't selfish to do this to me. I was hoping he would choose to be selfish just once in his damn life, but my heart was telling me I knew him better than that. I knew he would do anything for me, including going to prison so I wouldn't take blame for anything. He's Zayn Malik. Never has he done anything for himself. That's the only reason why I have food in my belly every night. It's the reason why I'm not on the streets anymore.

"Mr.Horan, this means your scholarship will be revoked and so will you walking with your class for graduation. Sexual assult is a serious thing that we don't mess around with. I would have thought you were smart enough to know how to make good choices with all you have depending on your future." Principal Maxwell finally said and I was grabbed by the two police officers.

"No! You can't do that to him! He made a mistake, so did I. You can't take everything he's worked so hard for because of something like this." Zayn yelled as I was being escorted down the hall. They stopped, and looked back at Zayn who had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Niall Horan was homeless before I helped him out. He was nearly killed by the flu if I didn't help him. His mum died from cancer and his dad threw him out of his house because he's gay. He's been bullied because of how thin he was because he ate out of dumpsters. He was offered to sell his body into prostitution and offered to sell drugs for money. He didn't do that though. He's never gotten into a fight and he's never done anything wrong because his future is brighter that any of us even know, but him. Even today, he got in a fight but just took it. Look at his hands and knuckles. There's nothing there. We all make mistakes in our lives, but not Niall. The only mistake he's made is just now lying about what actually happened in there." Zayn told them before walking over to the police officers and making them take their hands off me. I knew the mind game he was playing. He was trying to make them feel bad for me and redirect where the attention of this situation was. He's done this with me so many times when I was sneaking food or having emotional break downs because I wanted my mum. He would make me think of other things instead of the situation at hand. That's what he's doing now, but it's the smartest move for us both.

He gave me a brave smile, like he knew I was seeing what he was doing and to stay on his side, before looking to principal Maxwell. That man looked so confused and hurt all at the same time that I would have laughed if this situation wasn't so risky so that neither Zayn or myself would get in trouble.

"Where has Niall been staying now that you've helped him out? If it's been with you, you're still in trouble." He asked Zayn. Zayn let out a small breath before answering.