Chapter 14

Niall's POV

When I had gotten called out of class just as I finished my calculus test, I didn't know it would end me up in the principal's office with Zayn sitting in a chair next to me as we waited for the man in front of us to get his paperwork together. I looked at Zayn and saw his normally tan skin was now paled and his knuckles were white as they held on to the chair. I know my own heart was pounding in my chest like it wanted to jump out and land on the principal's desk.

"I'm guessing you both know why I called you in here." Principal Maxwell told his both as he got a folder out and shuffled a few papers. I felt Zayn glance over at me, but I didn't dare look at him knowing that my eyes might show that we both care not than we should about each other.

Principal Maxwell handed over a large folder to me and nodded for me to open it. With my shaking hands, I opened the folder only to find that it was a letter from the University of London. My eyes read over it hundreds of time just trying to see if this was really happening. My eyes glossed over with tears before I looked up at Zayn. He looked worried, but not about anything else but me.

"I got in." I told him as my tears fell. All my hard work over the years, everything payed off. Suddenly, I didn't care that I had to struggle with being homeless or having to deal with everything I've been through. It all seemed to pay off because now I made it into a school that would help me have a future I never dreamed I would have.

"I'm so proud of you." Zayn told me in a teacher voice, but I could tell he was genuinely proud of me. I smiled at him then look to see principal Maxwell was smiling at me.

"We called Mr.Malik in here to ask if he wanted to be your sponsor teacher. He'll just be sending in your grades for the second semester and tell the school why you deserve to keep such a great scholarship. We're every proud of you." He said. I nodded and I heard Zayn let out a deep breath of relief. Principal Maxwell told me to go back to class and finish my text. Before I left the room, I gave Zayn a look. He signaled for me to wait for him outside.

I walked down the hall and found myself looking out the window. There was a light snow coming down that made me happier that snow has very made me. Last year this time I would have been using plastic bags on my feet and hands while sleeping in an empty trash bin to keep myself dry and not getting frostbite. Now I have Zayn to keep me dry and a hope for a better future.

The door to the principal's office opened and Zayn stepped out. He took a few towards me before I ran straight to his arms. My legs wrapped around his hips and he held me in his arms. We didn't say anything, we just let this moment speak for itself.

"Get back to class and finish your test." Zayn whispered to me and set me down. I whined a little because I really didn't want to, but he smacked my bum a little to get me walking. I giggled and ran back to class.

The day finished quickly and soon I found myself back at Zayn's flat with him putting up a fake Christmas tree. I went to change my clothes into am extra large jumper that Zayn had. It went down to my mid thigh so I just wore my boxers with that. I got the Christmas tree decorations out of his closet and brought it over to him. He looked at me with a look that caused me to blush but continue to set up the tree.

Once we were done, we eboth cuddled up on the couch and looked at the Christmas lights. This would be the first Christmas I had had in years. When my mum was sick we stopped celebrating anything because there was nothing to celebrate. Now with Zayn there's so much. I looked at him and he sent me a soft smile. He leaned in a little and looked down at my lips.

"Can I kiss you, Niall?" He asked me. My heart jumped in my chest but I nodded anyway. He closed the gap the rest of the way and kissed me softly. Tingles shot through my body and my hand gripped on to his shirt as if I was going to float away from him. With the feeling in my head, I thought I might.

A/N: yes I did rewrite this... Wattpad deleted it so I had to do it again.  I didn't really remember allot of the details, but he test some stuff I remember. Sorry it's bad. Comment / Vote!
- Bri;)