Chapter 24

Niall's POV

Monday morning at school seemed to come allot faster than I wanted it to. Talk of how prom was and what the after parties were like, circulated the school halls as I got my morning books from my locker. All I know is I had the best unofficial prom out of anyone here.

I got to Zayn's classroom and blushed as I saw him sitting in his desk sorting through papers. Ever since our intimate moment on Saturday night, I can't help but blush at how amazing he was. It's not even the sex part that gets me flustered, but just the way he made me feel so special. It made me forget any hard times I went through, and brought hope for an amazing future.

"Niall, I got more information from the university about a theses you have to write. We can talk about it at lunch if you want." Zayn told me before I passed his desk. I nodded before taking the packet off his desk, and taking it with me to my seat.

I started to look through the guild lines of what I had to write about. It said I had to answer a question that seemed to have endless answers. I had to prove points using research, personal experience and knowledge taught to me through my years of school. I got a pencil out and wrote down the question I knew I would like to answer, but just as I finished writing the pencil was taken out of my hand.

"So, mental case, you get up to anything this weekend?" One of the boys that was standing in front of my desk. There were three of them towering over me, looking at me like they knew something I didn't know. I shook my head to answer their question, and looked to see that Zayn was now out of the room.

"He's not going to help you. Never has, and never will. But, where did you get those love bites? Are you a part time slut?" The same boy asked me. My hands went up to my neck and collar bones where I knew they were deep purple. The three of them smirked at me before my pencil was slammed on my forehead and snapped in half at the force of the hit. A stupid whimper left my lips, making the three boys laugh. One gripped my shirt and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"That fucking scholarship was mine. It didn't belong to someone as messed up as you. I'll finish this after class... slut." He spit in my ear. I felt tears well up in my eyes, it bit my lip so those wouldn't fall. Thankfully, the bell rang for class to begin and Zayn came running into the classroom like a late student would. The boy took his seat and I leaned forward to hide the scared tears that were falling.

As Zayn talked about something that I didn't really listen to because I kept trying to stop myself from crying, but it wasn't working. I've never been in a fight before and I've neve been threatened to be in one. The only time I've ever gotten hit was from my dad when he found out I was gay. This guy is buff  because he's on the football team, but he's still smart and I'm guessing he was one of the three of us to be up for the scholarship I got. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to get hurt, but I know it's inevitable.

"Nialler, you okay?" I heard Zayn whisper to me. I looked up from my hands and over to the kid that called me something I most definitely am not. He shook his head before looking at me like whatever I was going to get would be worse if I told. I looked back to my boyfriend and saw so much worry in his brown eyes.

"I'm fine, just stressed." I lied before wiping my face. He looked at me like he knew I was lying, but I gave him a small shrug to show him I was fine. Zayn pat my shoulder gently before going back to his desk. I begin working on the notes we had to take, and forced myself to forget what's going to come, just for this class.

The end of class bell rang, making me pack my stuff up as quickly as I could before running out of class. I made it to the bathroom to hide, but I was pulled by the collar of my shirt before I got to safety.