01|Unexpected

Tara's Pov

Tara's Pov

Today is my elder sister's engagement. Everyone is busy and engrossed in the preparations. Whole haveli is shining and brightening like a star. I am watching everything through the window of my room. I am not allowed to step out of my room till the ceremony.

"Knock - knock"

I turned around and saw someone was unlocking the door. And here my childhood friend Roop came.

"What are you doing here, aren't you gonna attend your sister's wedding?", she asked me. And I shook my head.

"Why?",she asked again with an irritated look. "Baba has forbidden me", I replied.

"So you will not come?".

"No".

"For once only for me, I am feeling so lonely, please Tara", she requested.

"I can't Roop, baba will be angry", i replied sadly.

"It won't take long, we'll come back in a second, please Tara I want to show you something", she again pleaded.

"Does the groom's family have arrived?" I asked while ignoring her words. And she nodded in response.

"I can't Roop, they have strictly forbidden me to come in front of the groom and his family".

"No one will see, cover yourself in scarf", she said sternly while passing me a dupatta from my closet.

I sigh and agree with her. Covering myself I moved out of my room. I am walking very carefully, so that no one can identify me, especially Taisa. If she sees me, she will bring strom. Following Roop I understand that she is taking me to Chandni Di's room.

On entering inside, I saw my Sister, while Roop was waiting outside. She is looking very beautiful. I immediately ran and hugged her tightly. She is the only person in this house whom I admire wholeheartedly.

"I missed you Tara, why didn't you come", she said while sobbing.

Her words broke me. I hugged her more tightly. "Baba has forbidden me, I-I was scared di", I replied while sobbing too.

"Don't cry too, your makeup will ruin", I broke the hug and cupped my cheeks. "When my life is going to ruin , does this makeup matter?", she replied sorrowfully. She is not happy with this wedding, and the elders are forcing her.

"Don't say this, everything will be alright. Maybe he will change after the wedding", I tried to give some hope.

"Nothing can change a monster like him",she replied. Just then Roop came inside, she panicked. "Taisa is coming", she replied in a breadth. My face became pale, all colors flew away. If she sees me, she will definitely report to baba.

"Go from here Tara, to that window and Roop you stay with me ", di said while pointing towards a window. I ran hurriedly out of the room.

 I ran hurriedly out of the room