02|Helpless

Taara's Pov

Taara's Pov

Entering inside the hall, I saw all guests and Virendra are already gone. My family is only here. My father, his wife, Taisa and her son are present here. They are looking at me so sharply that it's digging holes in my body. Looking down, I bite my lips harshly. Whenever I am in infront of these people my eyes always stays down. They think it's out of respect but for me it's out of fear.

Taisa come to me and slapped me hard. It's not first time she done this, she has beaten me many times, and even worsley. Once I had admitted to the hospital too. No one never stops her, not even my father. Stopping her is far away Baba doesn't even talks to me straight.

"This what you wanted, ruin my daughter's life", she said while yanking my shoulder harshly. "When we had told you not to step out from your room, then why were you roaming outside?", saying this she again slapped again.

"Till now I have shown you my soft side but today I will tell you what happens when you disobeys your elders", she hold my tightly and start dragging me out.

"Taisa...plea-please I am sorry. Don't do please", I spoke in a fearful tone. But she became deaf. Her nails are digging in my wrist.

"Leave her Payal", Baba spoke from behind. For the first time ever he has stopped her. He took my side. But what he said further has broke my heart in millions pieces.

"Whatever she has did, now it's time for her to pay. Her wedding is fixed with Virendra Thakur". Taisa left me. My world paused, I never expected him to be so cruel to me. After seeing how Virendra treated me, he want me to marry him. I thought he had broke the wedding with his family.

I ran towards him and fall on his feet. "Baba- Babe please don't do this, I don't want to marry him. Please don't ruin my life", I cried on his feet. But nothing affected him, he stood unbothered. He didn't even look at me. And that broke me more.

"Prepare her, engagement will be held today itself", he spoke sternly to his wife and left. Kakisa left too with her son while banging her foot on the floor.

My father's wife, Chestha Shekhawat.
She came towards me and spoke very calmly, "you thought he left, but he is here and waiting for you to become his wife".

I looked up to see her, my vision is blurred because of tears I blink and see her clearly. "Now get up, we don't have whole day", she said very positively. Maybe it can sound rude but for me it's something different.

She is a very sobar and calm lady. She is not my mother, but that doesn't mean she hates me. She neither hate me nor love me. Her behaviour is very neutral towards me. She usually don't talk much to me but whenever she spoke it's hard to predict what is the real meaning of her straight words. She is always a mystery for me.

 She is always a mystery for me