08|Welcome

Chandni's Pov

Chandni's Pov

Everything seems perfect from side, but I am worried about the 'moong dal halwa' . I cooked everything mentioned by her side, 'Gaatte ki sabzi, Aloo rasedar, Bajra ki roti, lahsun chutney and at last in sweet 'moong dal halwa'. I kept everything in the serving vessels.

Opening the knot of apron, I move towards sink to wash my hands and my eyes lay outside where I saw mother-in-law is coming. She entered and firstly got startled by the aroma of food. She came forward to the shelf and saw the dishes made by me.

"You cooked everything?", She asked in a way like, she doesn't expected me to do this.

"Yes", I replied straightly. "Sharda", she called the servant and instructed her to place the food on the dinning table.

Her expressions are looking very strange. She didn't said anything else to me and move out from the kitchen.
I came out from kitchen too and found everyone is here.

His father is sitting on the main chair, he is on the left side and his mother is on right. His brother is sitting beside his mother.

I moved towards him and was about to pull the chair to sit beside him but his mother stopped me. "Won't you serve Chandni", she said in smilingly.

I look at her suspiciously, she is behaving werid right now. "In our family daughter-in-law is have to serve food to everyone", she paused. "Your mother didn't tell you".

I didn't said anything to her but one thing is very clear to me that, she is not what she show to me.

I served food to everyone and patiently wait for their response. My eyes are specifically fixed on him.

He tore a peice of chapati, dug it into the sabzi and put the morsel in his mouth but his expression remains unchanged.

At last it's time for sweet. I served halwa to everyone and stood behind him nervously.

He was about to put a spoonful halwa in his mouth but stopped when his father said, "there is a summon from royal court".

"Who has called it", he asked curiously.

"Surya Rathore", he clenched his fist on the mention of that name.

"Why is it", he asked furiously.

His father looked at me, and then on Virendra, "Taara is with him".

My eyes went wide. "WHAT", he shouts while standing from the chair.

"Balbeer had called in early morning", his father said with blank face.