10|Touch

At Chandni's Place

At Chandni's Place

Balbeer's word made Virendra to boil in anger. He left Chandni with jerk which led her to fell on floor with thud. On turning towards glass table he made fist of his hands and banged them hard on the table. The table broke with loud noise.

Stream of blood came up which drenched his hands and continue to fell on floor. His mother panicked and approached him in hurry.

"Virendra, have you lost your mind?.... look how much blood is flowing", she said while holding his bloody hands. Her eyes are filled with tears. But Virendra stood like dead man with no emotion in his eyes, no ounce of pain is visible on his face on the other hands his mother is trembling like all his pain has transferred to her.

"Vidyut, why are you standing like an idiot? Quickly take out the car, we have to go to the hospital", Kirti shouted at his younger who was zoned out after watching the disastrous seen in front of him.

But after listening to his mother's scold he came out from his thoughts. He nodded his head vigorously in reply and turned towards the door.

In a mean time Chandni stood up from her place with support of the handle of sofa. Because of sudden jerk her knees got some scratches. She look towards her husband's hands which are whole bloody red by now and then at his face. She gulp the lump of saliva. Her breathing stopped and eyes went wide. "Stop there Vidyut", Virendra said in a dangerously slow tone which made her blood to stop flowing in her veins. His brother who was about to reach the door stopped after hearing his voice.

"But Virendra", Kirti said while wiping her tears from the back of her hands. "Not now maa", said Virendra before jerking his hands from her hold. He turned towards his wife who is froze at her place.

He came and stood infront of her. With his bloody wounded hand he grabs her wrist very tightly and startes pulling her towards the staircase. On his action Chandni protest. She tried to get free from his hold but nothing worked.

"De.De. Dekhiya aap jo b.b.bol rahhhhe h wo sa...hi nhi hai. Mai nhi jjjanti thi ki.ki wo bhagggg jaegi", she said while stammering but he didn't care. He dragged her from stairs towards the room. Everyone stood there like ghost no one has the courage to stop him.

("Look, what you are saying about is not true. I didn't expect that she would run away".)

Kirti turned towards her husband, expected him to take any action but he stayed unbothered.

"Don't look at me like this, I had already said no to this marriage but your son didn't listen to anyone", Harish replied to his wife. "Now go and stop him before he does something wrong to her", he instructed his wife. Kirti nodded and ran behind her son, Vidyut does follow her.