12|Pawn

Tara's Pov

Tara's Pov

She held my wrist tightly and start dragging me upstairs. I don't know but today her behavior seems very strange to me. I want to confront her, but it seems she also has something to say.

We reached the first floor but before we could move further to the second, I stopped her. She looked at me, as if she knew I would stop her. "I want to ask something', I said firmly. She smiled, as if she knew this will going to happing.

She took me to the room near stairs. This room is of Chandni Di. A beautiful white painted wall with silk and net fabric curtains gives it a mesmerizing royal look. The furniture is also painted in white with antique designs. The interior is surprisingly attractive. Just above the headboard of her round-shaped bed is a photo of her and her father, taken when she was very young.

I looked everywhere in the room but there was no sign of Di, maybe Taisa has locked her somewhere else. This is not the first time this has happened, she always tried to protect me from her mother. But her mother would always lock her in the room before beating me.

"Ask, what you want to ask", Chestha asked softly. I turned towards her and looked deeply into her eyes. Our eyes met, for the first time I saw care and concern in those eyeballs and felt tenderness in her sharp sword voice.

I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart and asked in a demanding voice, "Only you knew that I was going to run away from that wedding. Only you knew where I was going. Only you knew which way I was going", the intensity of my voice increasing with each word. I came a little closer to her and asked in a dangerously low voice, "So where did Surya Rathod come there".

She laughed sarcastically and look at me as if she is making fun of me. My eyes burned with rage. She held my shoulder lightly and said in a proud tone. "You got some brain Taara", saying this broke in laughter. Her voice was echoing throughout the room which was provoking my anger further.

I took a step closer to her and held her shoulder, shaking her angrily as I shouted at her, "I want my answer Chestha". For the first time, anger is running through my veins. Her actions are provoking me.

She stopped her laughter and removed my hands from her shoulder. Holding my hands she looks deep in my eyes and said with determination, "Never let this attitude fades away". Her lips got curved in smile.

Flashback

In the middle of the day the sun was at its peak, spreading its heat and brightness. The whole garden was blooming with the rays of the sun. The flowers and leaves were shining in their bright shade. Insects and butterflies were flying around the young flower.

Sitting in an open veranda of a royal mansion her eyes roamed everywhere. she sighed before touching the cup of tea to her lips. She was about took a sip when a manly voice came and made her stopped her actions midway.