13|Nayantara

The Past (23 years ago)

In the darkness of the night the sky was gray and covered with a thick blanket of clouds. Not even an ounce of the moon was visible. Sounds of thunder were echoing all around and lightning was spreading everywhere.
All the electric supply of the town was forbid and so gone for Roop Mehal.

Roop Mehal as a name suggests 'Palace of beauty'. The home of most beautiful women among the state. A brothel which is located a little far from the town. A place where commoners to rich high class men came to calm their desires.

The beauties of Roop Mehal were popular across the state. Nayana was one of them, a most beautiful and famous prostitute in upper class.

She belongs to a very poor family of a village and was forced to got married at very young age with a man who was double of her age.

Her husband was an alcoholic and a gambler, who drank during the day and harassed her at night. But the limit was reached when he sold her to a brothel to fulfill his need for alcohol.

Her life turned upside down. She protested and tried to free herself from that darkness but to no avail. Finally she accepted her fate and become the gem of Roop Mehal. Her skills of dancing and singing were amazing.

Meanwhile, she met Balbeer during a performance. This was the time when the Shekhawats and Rathores had formed an alliance and Harish Thakur was ruling the state.

The Rathod family was not in politics from the beginning rather they were running businesses in the entire state. And Shekhawat was the richest family under the patronage of Aparna Shekhawat. They were together because Rathod needed money for his upcoming projects.

When Balbeer saw Nayana for the first time he was mesmerized by her beauty. He wanted to make her his own but due to his alliance with the Rathores he had to marry Chestha under pressure from his parents. But even after marriage he did not leave Nayana and started cheating on Chestha.

Nayana never felt anything for him, rather it was all a part of her job. But things became complicated when she became pregnant with his child. She told him about her pregnancy but he refused to accept it, instead he insulted her and left. He never returned to her because he feared that if his mother found out anything she would exclude him from the property and transfer everything to his brother. She tried to abort the baby but it was risky for her life too.

Everything is going on before her eyes. She looked at the newborn baby sleeping on her lap. Her gaze fell on the girl's closed eyes and she lightly touched her cherry cheeks.

Suddenly there was a loud thunder and it also started raining. Hearing the loud noise, the girl came out of her deep sleep and started crying.

Nayana immediately hugged the child to her chest and started caressing her back. Feeling her mother's touch the child calmed down and fell asleep again. She kissed the forehead of the baby and held her gently more closer to her.