Chapter (1)

I never talk anymore. Not since I was 14 and something horrible happened. I can't even bare myself to say what had happened. The only thing I knew, was that my life had changed drastically after that. I hardly ate, I hardly slept and I never talk. I refuse is the better word here. The only person I could talk to was Alec Martins, the one who had been there four years ago and experienced my pain. He is the only one I could talk to. The only one I felt comfortable talking to. I hardly even talk to my mom I only tell them good morning or bye. Never a full sentence like I did before.

"Nathaniel!" Alec screamed, throwing his arms around me while we sat at the lunch table of our school.

I glared at him. "Please get off of me, I'd hate to have to break your arms." I said quietly so no one could hear my voice.

He scrunched his face. "You are no fun when you are grumpy," he said with his jock Jacket on and his face growing wide with a smile. Someone sat down across from us and I instantly shut my mouth and face of all emotion. Simon Call sat across from us, a friend of Alec's who happens to be on the football team along with Alec.

"Hey dude!" Simon said, setting his tray down.

"Hey, wassup?" Alec asked, taking a bite of his homemade sandwich.

"Not much, but hey, did you hear that Stacy got knocked up by Brayden?!" Simon said, leaning in.

"Shut up!" Alec screamed. "She did? Is he gonna be the father?" He asked.

"Shit I don't know." He said. Simon glanced at me and frowned a little. "Hey Nat," he said.

I didn't answer, instead I turned my head to Alec and stayed quiet. Simon sighed. "Still not talking to anyone?" He asked.

Alec smiled sympathetically. "Give it time bro, he is still healing." He said. It's depressing to know that some people, other than Alec, knew about what happened. It made my stomach turn violently and my heart flop in my chest.

Another boy sat down across from us. A boy I have seen in the halls talking to Alec before. I never got his name because I didn't like getting close to people.

"Hey Alec," the boy said cheerfully.

"Hey Damien, how is practice going? Do you think you can handle playing on our football team?" Alec asked.

The boy with now a name of Damien nodded. I glanced at Damien and just couldn't look away. His eyes were such a dark brown that it almost looked like chocolate while his dark brown hair was flipped to the side like on of those damn mighty fine tumblr boys. He caught me staring and my eyes widened as I glanced down at my hands.

Alec caught what was happening and smiled. "Damien this is Nathaniel." He said.

Damien was grinning when I looked up, he held out a hand to me but I only winced away from him. "My name is Damien nice to meet you," he said, keeping his hand out.

The hand... Oh god the hand was near me. Someone else's other than Alec's was trying to touch me. Oh god! What do I do?! I inched away from the hand and looked at Alec for support.

"Sorry Damien, but could you put your hand down?" Alec asked.

Damien looked confused but did what he was told and dropped his hand. "Thank you," Alec said, grinning over at me. He glanced back at Damien. "Sorry to do that. He doesn't like contact." He said.

"Oh no, its fine." He said and stabbed a pea on his plate, bringing it up to his mouth.

"Hey Alec, you and Nathaniel still going to the movies tonight?" Simon aksed. I looked over at Damien seeing he was staring at me with concern in his eyes.

"Yeah, why don't you two join us?" Alec asked. My eyes widened and I looked at Alec in horror. More company? Other than Alec and I? What the fuck has this world come too? What if they try something? Oh god! I think I'm gonna have another panic attack.

But before I could hyperventilate, the bell rang into the lunchroom and I looked at Alec. "See you guys tonight then" he said, as if finalizing the plans.

As we threw our food away, we made it into the hallway and I immediately snapped my attention on Alec. "Why would you invite them?" I asked weakly.

"Becuase Nat, it will help you get over your fear of talking to people. I know what you went through was fucking hell but you need to loosen up." Alec said, pulling me into a hug. I couldn't help but burry my face, thinking about that horrible day.

"I guess you are right. I will go tonight. If it's what you want." I said with a small smile.

"Nathaniel Fisher, are you smiling at me?" Alec asked.

I pushed him playfully. "Don't get used to it," I said before turning tail and walking to my class. The day went by fast but the only thing on my mind was tonight. Having more than just us made me want to crawl into a hole and die. I hated everyone. Well... I didn't trust anyone. Not anymore.

The bell rang for us to go home and I zoomed out of my last period faster than the flash. I made it to my locker, careful not to make contact with anyone and forced myself to walk up when I say Alec and Damien standing by my locker. Simon no where in sight.

"There ya are!" Alec exclaimed, throwing an arm over my shoulders. I winced and glanced up to see Damien frown a little. "Now we can go!"

I leaned up so I was close to Alec's ear and so Damien couldn't hear. "I need to stop at my house first." I whispered.

Alec nodded. "Okay, we will stop by on our way there. Come on, I'll drive ya guys." He said. I nodded and walked close to Alec as we got into his car. I sat in back so that Damien was riding shot gun. I wanted to sit alone in the back. It is was I was good at.