Chapter (6)

*Nathaniel's P.O.V.*

I got dressed into some black skinny jeans and a thin black hoodie that seemed to big on me. I wore my converse and made my way downstairs to see Damien leaning on the counter with his arms leaning on the counter and his phone in hand. He wore blue form fitting jeans a loose blue v-neck shirt. His hair gelled in front of him with his androgynous tumblr hair and not hanging on his face. His brown eyes so focused on his phone.

Simon entered wearing blue shorts and a loose rainbow tank top like those scene kids wear. He wore purple vans with black socks. His hair tucked under a hat that had a tri-force on it. Alec wore a loose white shirt with our school name on it and blue shorts. He wore converse and smiled. Damien put his phone down and stood up straight.

"Shall we go?" Alec asked, jiggling keys in his hand. I keep forgetting the dumbass can drive. He was always such a showoff that it bugged me sometimes. I remember when we used to battle and show each other up. I missed those days.

We made it to the car as Alec slipped into the drivers side and Simon sat in the... Shotgun?! No... I sit there all the time if there's more than just three. I hated sitting in the back. Especially with a stranger.

Damien got in and I shakily got into the back passenger seat, closing the door and trying to keep my breathing leveled. I grabbed the seatbelt and bent to put it on but as I did, I brushed Damien's hand and froze. He didn't think anything of it and looked out the now rolling down window. I glanced at the hand I grazed and then at mine. Mine was shaking horribly, but I didn't wince at the contact. I slowly unfroze my body and looked out the window, feeling the wind in my hair. I stole a glance at Damien who was smiling out the window like an idiot. He really was like a stupid, giant, fluffy, cute teddy bear. Wait... Cute? Is that what I said? I did didn't I? Was that my gay saying that?

"We're here," Alec announced parking clear the hell in butt fuck Egypt. Seriously! We were so far back from the entrance that my shoulders started to slump in defeat. It was a good ten to fifteen walk to the entrance from where we parked.

Simon, Damien and Alec piled out of the car. I reluctantly piled out after them, the heat hit me instantly and I grimaced, taking off the hoodie and s
Throwing it in the car before closing it. Thank god I had brought the black v-neck shirt or I would be had to deal with that heat all day. I heard the happy chime of the car, indicated it was locked and we started walking. Alec and Simon walked in front of Damien and I, the both of them talking and laughing. Damien and I remained in an awkward silence.

"Holy Jesus! It's hot out here!" I heard Simon scream as he threw his hands in the air.

"No shit, Sherlock." Damien said with a smirk.

Alec only chuckled. "Be nice you two," Alec said.

"We are being nice, but no one said we couldn't be dicks to each other," Simon said matter-of-factly.

I looked at Damien who was rolling his eyes. He glanced at me and I saw a small blush appear on his cheeks as he averted his eyes. Weird. Usually I'm the first to avert the eyes.

Once we made it to the entrance, I felt like melting to the ground and hoping the storm drain would take me away. Instead I remained intact. I mentally sighed as we walked up and bought our ticket. Once we were in, Alec clung to Simons arm.

"We're going on this ride!" They rushed away and before Damien and I could object, they disappeared in the crowd leaving Damien and I behind. I gulped and glanced at Damien.

"Looks like we've been ditched," he said finally.

I was about to agree with him but stopped myself. What is with me? Was I starting to think that talking to Damien in 'casual' conversation was normal? Oh god... What is happening to me?

"Come on, lets go ride some rides, its only noon so everyone should be at lunch. Let's go on this one first." He said, shrugging towards the haunted houses. Does he like Scarry stuff like me? I mean he got so excited when Alec brought up Sinister and now his first ride is to go on haunted house. I'm cool with it but I was curious about him.

We got in line for the haunted house and I couldn't help but look around. I glanced at the talking volture at the front of the line and chuckled lightly. I looked at Damien to see if he caught that but he didn't. He was to busy looking ahead of him. I looked down at his hand to see his thumb was resting in one of the belt loops and his other hand holding onto the railing.

We moved forward and when we finally got in front and it was our turn I saw the seat. If was fit for two people and only had one bar between them. I sighed as I got in first and then Damien. The pulled the lap bar down as some instructions roared overhead. We started moving into some moving doors. Once we were inside, I heard screaming and saw nothing but darkness. I smiled wide at the thought. For some reason, horror stuff calmed me, maybe because the horror I've been through was way more intense than anything I will ever face.

Once the ride was over we walked around, looking at stuff until Damien pointed at the ski lifts. "Wanna go on?" He asked with a smile.

I gulped nervously but nodded. He looked shocked but I ignored it as walked over to the line. Only four people were in line. As people got off, others got on. When it was our turn, the person told us where to stand. Fear started to crawl up my stomach and wanted to get out but as soon as something bent my legs I was sitting on the ski lift. The locked it closed and then we were off. I looked at Damien who was smiling at me as I looked around scared.

"You are so curious, you know that Nat?" He asked.

I looked at him and he just chuckled lightly. "I wish you would talk to me, even if it was just a word." He said with a pained look in his eyes. He sighed and glanced at the ground.

He wanted me to talk to him? Is that all he's been after with the talking and the asking and the other stuff? Was that what he wanted all along. He ran a hand through his gelled hair and looked up at the roof with a smile.

"Do you think being gay is wrong?" He asked.

My eyes widened in fear. Oh god he knew. He knew I was gay. He knew I was gay and he is going to make fun of me. That's was why he brought me up here, so I couldn't escape. He knew this was going to happen and he lured me u-

"Because I think I'm gay," he said cutting my mental rant off. He chuckled to himself. "It's disgusting right? That's probably what you think of me." He said lowly.

"No its not," a voice said before I could register who said that, realization smacked me in the face. That voice was mine.

I actually talked to someone other than Alec... Oh my god. Alec was right. I was changing all because of one person.

Damien.