Chapter (21)

*A week Later*
*Nat's P.O.V*

I finally went home yesterday, thank god for that, but Jasik was still on the loose, hiding and maneuvering his way out of the cop's reach. He hasn't shown his face around the hospital like he did when I was still in my coma, nor has anyone heard from him. I'm scared shitless, don't get me wrong. He has scarred me for life, but Damien hasn't left my side even when he saw the ugliest side of me. I felt safe with him near me. This past week we've only gotten stronger and I like the feeling. Except for right now. He is trying to feed me a pain pill, but I didn't want to be all high and loopy right now.

"Come on Nat, don't be like this," Damien said, holding the evil thing between his fingers.

I made a pouty face and shook my head. Yes, I did stop talking for a bit. I mean I did it for four years... Except to Alec, but I just... Don't want to talk knowing Jasik is still out there. Once he is caught, I will gladly talk, but since he isn't, silence it is.

"Nathaniel, I will force this down your throat if you don't comply to taking it," Damien said, raising a brow. I shifted up higher in my bed, slowly, wincing at the pain it gave me. I smiled and grabbed his neck. He looked confused until our faces were close. He grunted, clearly knowing I was trying to distract him. But he smirked and closed the distance. Our lips melting together happily. I pulled back and chuckled before continuing. His tongue tried to go through my lips, and I happily let him, only to immediately regret it.

I tasted the powdery grossness from the pain pill he shoved into my mouth. He used his tongue to truck me! I pulled back and Damien chuckled, throwing his hands up in the air. "I win," he said.

I swallowed the evil thing before I rolled my eyes and shoved him away playfully. I grabbed his shirt and brought him close. He leaned in for a kiss but I shook my head and smirked.

"Awe, no more Nat kisses?" He asked, clear sadness in his voice.

I nodded as to say 'right on the money' and pushed his body back. He grunted and threw himself back. I already knew what was coming and the giant thwavk filled my ears. I suppressed a laugh, taking in the site in front of me. Damien had thrown himself back and hit the end of my bed post. His hand instantly shot up and he cringed.

"See what you make me do!" He shouted playfully. "Because of no more Nat kisses I hurt myself."

I chuckled and motioned my hand for him to come up to me. He did so, still rubbing his head. I grabbed his shirt and kissed his cheek before snuggling back under the blanket, feeling the pill start to kick in.

*****
*Damien's P.O.V*

It was good to see Nathaniel go back to his somewhat normalish self. He was still scarred, but he was alive and that's all that mattered. I closed his bedroom door and made my way downstairs to see Alec and Simon scrolling through there phones.

"Well isn't this a great party, don't be to loud," I said sarcastically.

Alec shot his head up first with a smile. "Uh, hit your head again?" Alec said. I heard Simon stiffle a chuckle.

"Matter of fact I did, its because Nat almost refused to give me Nat kissey's." I plopped on the bar stool and rubbed the bump that was forming on my head. Simon had put his phone down and so did Alec. I was thankful for that. A silence fell over, making the air somewhat tense. I cleared my throat.

"Any word on Jasik?" I asked, breaking this silence.

"No one has heard from him, not since the sighting yesterday, he is on hardcore hiding. It may be months before they actually find him." Alec said, running a hand through his hair.

"I know, yesterday scared Nat so bad." Jasik was seen at the hospital again after a week of not showing himself. He was after Nat again but the cops chased him off and they saw he outsmarted them and got away again. That's partially the reason a copy was parked down the street and one in Nat's driveway, not to mention he has us staying the night. Mrs. Fisher protested at the thought of teenage boys but she shrugged it off. Even Nat's father came down for a visit before Mrs. Fisher and him got into an argument and he left after a couple days.

"Yeah, but he seems opened, he may not be talking but he is goofing off and hanging out like he used to. Now all he needs to do is make sex jokes and he will be back to himself," Alec said, pleased with himself.

A loud scream from upstairs cut all of us off. Before Alec and Simon could even think I was already halfway upstairs. I heard there footsteps behind me as I busted the door open. What we saw, had my blood frozen.

"Please! No more!" Nat was thrashing in his sleep, kicking his legs and screaming over and over again. I rushed in and reached for Nat's shoulders.

"Nat! Wake up! Hey its just a dream! Come on!" I soothed. One of his hands connected with my face, making me knock back a couple.

"We have to calm him! His stitches!" Simon shouted.

They were right, if he continues like this he will rip his stitches. Another ear piercing scream erupted from Nat's throat causing tears to come down my cheek.

"G-grab his legs!" I commanded, rushing in to take his ams and restrain them. "NAT! WAKE UP!" I screamed.

I heard the front door shove open and footsteps on the stairs. "What's going on up here?!" The chubby cop, which I came to find out was name Brent, shouted with a gun pulled out.

"He's thrashing! He is ha-"

"STOP! PLEASE!" Nat shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks. Brent put his gun back when he saw the issue and rushed to help. He gripped Nats shoulders and I started tapping his cheeks.

"Nat, wake up honey, please." I begged.

"STOP!" He screamed. He thrashed again, but no movement happened, considering he was pinned.

"Damien! Wake him up faster!" Alec shouted, holding Nat's wiggling legs.

"What do you think I'm doing?!" I snapped. I turned back to Nat and slapped his cheek with force even I winced. Nat's eyes shot open and he gasped and looked around, his eyes filled with sheer horror.

"Nat, hey, look at me." I said, shaking him.

He stared blankly at me and his hand slowly made its way to cup my cheek, as if I would fade away in just a blink of an eye, but when his hand cupped it, his eyes started bursting with tears almost instantly. Everyone let him go and he rushed up to grip my shirt, hot tears streaming down his face as he balled his fists into my shirt. I hugged him back harder, letting him cry in my shirt.

"His nightmares were never this bad," Alec said, almost breathlessly.

I stroked Nat's hair and sighed. "He's been through a lot, it will take time to heal." I said. But I knew saying that was just an understatement.