Chapter (9)

*Nat's P.O.V.*

I finally got discharged from the hospital when my mom finally arrived. She was so worried for me and thought I was like... Shot or something. It made me kind of sad to think how much she really cared for me. I hardly talk to her and she was trying so hard. Then there is Damien who I may or may not have a crush on and I think I talked to him more than I did my mom on that one day.

"Nat!" I finally snapped out of my mental rant to see snapping fingers in front of me. The noise of the school cafeteria coming clear to me again. I looked over to see Alec roll his eyes. "You zoned out again," he said plainly.

"Oh... I'm sorry," I say and looked up to see Damien, Simon and Brayden staring at me.

"It's okay, I was just talking to Damien about homecoming. Are you gonna come?" Alec asked.

Homecoming. I hadn't really thought about that. The last time I went to a school dance was in freshman year and that ended horribly. "I don't know," I shrugged.

"Oh, well you don't have to go to the dance, at least come to the game and cheer us on." He said.

I nodded. "Okay, I will if it will make you happy." I said.

Alec smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "Yes!"

I glanced at Damien who was smiling at us, but his eyes looked like a mixture of hurt. That made a frown appear on my mouth. It had been 3 days since I passed out at the amusement park and since then, Damien has been a little distant. He hardly tries to get me to talk to him anymore. That's when you know something is wrong. Is it the fact that he blames himself for what happened? Does he think trying to talk to me will result in that again?

"Is that little Natty?" I froze to the voice that came from behind me. Every muscle tensing and my heart aching. It couldn't be... That voice... No. I brought myself to turn around to face the person the voice belonged to and sure enough, Jasik Mckennie was standing near Alesandra Ballord. I gulped down daggers, feeling my throat swell.

"Oh, what's the matter, little Natty? Shocked to see me again?" Jasik's mockingly,musically thick voice sent chills down my spine.

"Fuck off, Jasik!" Alec screamed, standing up. "What the fuck are you doing back here?" He asked, his voice thick with anger and disgust.

I glanced at Damien who was so confused yet intrigued in the conversation. Oh god.

"Why little Alec, I moved back here just a week ago from my dad's transfer job," he said, a smirk appeared on his face.

"Yeah, well you better stay the fuck away from Nathaniel, hear me?! If you don't I will beat the ever loving shit out of you! And trust me I'm not scared to murder you in front of the entire school and display your head to the students so they know what a sick fuck you are!" Alec spat, catching his breath.

Jasik chuckled. "Oh so Scary," he said sarcastically. He stepped up and grabbed a fistfull of Alec's jacket, bringing him closer to his face. "Your threats don't scare me, Martins. If I want to go after Nat again, I damn well will." He said, shoving Alec back. He stumbled and hit the lunch table. Jasik chuckled, turning to wink at me before leaving the cafeteria.

Alec fixed his jacket, glaring after him. My stomach was clenching so hard. I couldn't think straight. Oh god he was back and he just said he was gonna go after me. "Nathaniel?" Alec and Damien asked at the same time.

I felt something come up and my face paled. "I-im gonna be sick," I grabbed my bag and jumped up, rushing out of the cafeteria, ignoring the shouts of desperation coming from my friends. I moved my way down the hall until I came to the boys bathroom. I rushed into a stall, not even bothering to close the door as I puked out everything in my stomach. I heard the door open and heard Damien's voice, but I continued to yack up everything until only bile came up.

**********

*Damien's P.O.V.*

I watched as Nathaniel ran out of the cafeteria, holding his stomach. I shot up and placed a hand on the table before jumping over it, racing after Nathaniel. I watched as he disappeared into the boys bathroom. I rushed in after him, hearing him start to puke. I gulped down and rushed into the opened stall with feet. He was in the handicap stall so I snuck in there, leaning on one knee near him, rubbing his back. He accepted it.

"It's okay Nat," I whispered. "I'm here, let it out." I repeated.

Once he was done, he flushed the toilet and sat down against the tiled wall with a horrified look. He brought his knees up to hug them close to his chest. "He's back... It can't be true.." Tears started to sting his eyes as they fell freely down his cheeks.

"Who is he?" I finally asked.

He looked at me and instead of hyperventilating, he grabbed my Jacket and burried his face into my chest. I jumped back with a gasp. I was shocked that Nathaniel threw himself into my arms. His sobs clearly being heard through the muffled cries into my Jacket. I hesitated before wrapping my arms around him.

We sat like this, in comfortable silence for a while until Nathaniel finally calmed about an hour later. He pulled back and wiped his nose, his eyes bright red and puffy from the harsh crying. I let my hand fall on his shoulders, his face turned away. For soem reason he looked so cute right now. His hoody a loose mess on him as his lips quivered from his excessive crying and his eyes looking anywhere but mine.
"I'm fine now," he chocked out, making his small voice crack.

I sighed. "You don't seem fine, do you want to go home?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah... I want to go home and I want to sleep. All the events today have made me tired..." He said in a small voice I chuckled at him and started to stand up. I reached down and helped him up, only to have his collapse to the floor.

"My knees are weak," he said quietly.

"No biggy, get on my back, I'll carry you." I said.

Nathaniel blushed bright red. "N-no i-i couldn't p-possibly do that!" He said.

I chuckled. "It's fine, come on." I said. I turned around and bent my knees and readied myself. Nat hesitated for a moment but pushed himself off the floor and he slid his hands on around my neck. I slid my arms under his knees and lifted him up off the ground. He squealed a little but then I felt his soft breathing on my neck. I smiled and walked out of the bathroom.

We walked down the hallway and out the door of the school. He pointed me in the direction of his house. As we walked, I stared back at him to see his eyes close, his breathing leveled. I smiled and continued my walk.

Once we got to his house, I slowly shook him awake. "Hey, Nat." I said.

His eyes slowly opened. "What?" He grumbled.

"We're at your house." I said.

He looked up and blushed, already starting to get off of me. I rolled my eyes and let him slide off my back. Once he regained his footing he looked up at me. "Uh.. Thank you for bringing me home." He said.

I nodded. "No problem." I smiled. Nat bit his lip and looked at the door. I just started at his lips. His beautifully doft looking lips. His teeth released his bottom lip and I slowly leaned in. He snapped his head at me and froze. I just stared at his lips, lowering myself til I was inches from his face.

"Uh... Damien?" He asked.

I ignored him until I was officially feeling his breath on my lips, the tingling on them conforming I was close. I brushed our lips together before connecting them. His soft lips slowly tensed before his arm wrapped around my neck, bringing me deeper into the kiss. I let my eyes drop until it hit me. I was kissing Nathaniel Fisher and the best part about it?

He was kissing back.

This is a second update because I'm feeling generous and I'm not gonna be on tomorrow considering its the fourth of July. So here she is :3 enjoying my book so far?