Chapter (8)

*Alec's P.O.V*

We were in the waiting room when the doctor came out with a medical chart in hand. The same doctor who had rushed him back into the hospital. He came over to us with a strut that for some fucking reason pissed me off. Damien and Simon jumped up with me and we walked over to meet the doctor half way.

"Well?" I said once we stopped.

"He had a panic attack and a heat stroke. His breathing is very shakey right now and he is running a very high fever due to the heat and lack of breath he received while hyperventilating. But other than that he should recover." He said. "But we may need to keep him over night," he threw in.

"Over night?" Damien asked.

I shot him a glance and his eyes were wide with horror. I gulped. "Can we see him?" I asked.

The doctor nodded. "Yeah you can see him, he's this way." He lead us to the back of the hospital and into Nathaniel's room. He had a mask covering his face for air and some iv's with a couple wires. He looked pale other than the bright line of flush on his cheeks from the fever. His chest rising and falling in a disfunctional pattern. This made painful memories come back to me. Memories of that day when he was in the hospital. He looked worse back then other than now. At least that calmed me a little.

*************
*Damien's P.O.V*

Seeing Nathaniel like this, it made me kind of regret trying to make him talk. I frowned deeply. It was probably my fault Nathaniel is in the hospital right now. I pushed him too hard. I pushed him too talk and everything. It was all my fault.

"If you are thinking its your fault, it wasn't." Alec said, sitting on the seat closest to Nathaniel's right side. We've been in here for over a couple hours in comfortable silence. The only noise was the oxygen mask and the small beeping from the monitors. Simon had left about an hour ago to go home, leaving just us three. Well four once Nat's mom gets here.

"What do you mean?" I asked, finally snapping out of it.

He sighed. "I reminded him of something I probably shouldn't have brought up in the first place." He said quietly. "Holy fuck was I stupid."

I wrinkled my head in confusion. "What did you remind him of?" I asked.

Alec shot his head up and stopped me there. "I can't tell you, all I can tell you is that it changed Nat drastically and it hurt him deeply." He said. He looked at Nathaniel before looking at me. "Nathaniel will tell you when he is ready, just be patient with him," he said, offering a small smile.

I nodded and we sat in silence again. Alec had fallen asleep on the bed, his head resting on his crossed arms. I was slowly falling asleep, but forced myself to stay awake. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it to see it was a call from my so called brother. I answered it.

"What, James?" I asked into the phone bitterly.

"Oh don't be so cruel bro bro, mommy dearest would like to know where you are," he said on the other side of the phone.

I grit my teeth. "Who fucking cares if she is looking for me? Let her fucking worry." I snapped.

"Wow, that's not nice baby bro, you will hurt her feelings if you keep saying stuff like that." He said.

"So? I'm not her son, who gives a fuck. Don't call me again I'm busy. I'll come home when I want to James!" I said, putting as much stink on his name as I could muster. I pressed the touch screen phone so hard I was surprised it didn't shatter in my hands. I let a frustrated grunt out before looking up, seeing Nathaniel staring at me through heavy eye lids.

"Nat!" I scream, jumping up and startling Alec awake.

"what the fuck?" Alec screamed.

"What the- dude! Look at who is awake!" I screamed grabbing his cheeks and turning his head toward Nathaniel's.

Alec gasped and sat up. "Nat!" He repeated.

"You're awake!" I yelled.

Nathaniel looked from me to Alec and slowly started sitting up, wincing as he did. I reached over and pressed the button for the nurse. Seconds later she walked in with the doctor.

"What?" He asked.

I pointed at Nathaniel and he smiled. "He's awake, that's a good sign," he walked over to Nat who pulled his face mask down from his face.

"Are you okay? Do you feel pain?" He asked Nat. I looked at him for answers as well, but he stayed quiet.

"Uhm, sir, he doesn't talk to strangers." Alec said. "Only to Damien and I."

"Oh, why?" The doctor asked, clearly confused.

"Uh... Something happened to him in the past the physically, emotionally and mentally scarred him. He only talks to me and Damien." Alec explained.

The thought disturbed me and judging by the doctors face, it disturbed him as well. Alec leaned forward and repeated the questions. Nat whispered in Alec's ear.

"He said his ribs and chest hurt." Alec said.

"Oh, that's because of the breathing you did was so hard and irregular that it was slamming your chest hard. You may feel it for a couple days. It also seems you broke your fever." He said.

Nat nodded and looked down at his fingers. The doctor smiled. "Well, I'll check on you guys later. Get some rest, okay Nathaniel?" He said.

Nat just nodded, sending the doctor away. I looked at him and he only averted his eyes. I sighed and glanced over at Alec who apparently read my gaze and nodded.

"Hey Nat, I'm gonna go get some food," he said, smiling and giving Nat's hand a squeeze before turning and exiting from the room. He closed the door behind him and left just Nathaniel and I behind. I kept my eyes where Alec was as we sat in uncomfortable silence for a moment. After what felt like years, I finally looked down at Nathaniel who was already looking at me.

"Sorry for pushing you," I say finally, letting my voice drop to a low whisper.

He shook his head. "It wasn't you," he said almost under his breath. "It was the heat." He reassured me.

I was about to ask him what Alec told me, but decided to drop it. Whatever it was, he was gonna tell me on his own time. I just need to give him time to explain it himself.

*******
*Nat's P.O.V.*

Waking up to the sound of annoying beeping and screaming hadn't been what I had in mind. The only face I register first was Damien's bright face. He yelled something that woke Alec up. They fought for a moment until Damien reached over, pressing a button above my head. His scent striking my nose and making me blush. He smelt like pepermint with a hint of pine tree. It was a pleasant smell to me.

After talking to the doctor... Or... Well Alec talking to him, both Alec and the doctor left, laving Damien and I alone. My heart raced, making my breathing pick up again. This time, though, it wasn't because of the remembering. This time it was because I was in a room with a guy that I may or may not have a crush on.

"Sorry for pushing you," he said in a whisper, dropping his gaze on me.

My heart jumped, making me blush as I avert my eyes. "It wasn't you," I said. "It was the heat." Well that was somewhat true. The truth is, what Alec said frightened me. The fact that I was getting close to Damien and the fact I was starting to fall for him, had me asking that question as well. Will I ever tell him about Jasik and I?