Chapter (3)

*Nathaniel's P.O.V*

It's been two weeks since the movie theaters and let me tell you, I still haven't forgiven Alec for ditching me with someone I didn't know. Not to mention he was really annoying when he wanted to be. He did avoid contact with me but he non stop asked me questions and talked to me. It was depressing. I refused to talk to anyone besides Alec. Even though Damien gets the hint, he is still trying too hard to talk to me.

Why even now he is doing it. Sitting at the lunch table he is sitting across from me, laughing and talking louder than humanly possible over the roaring lunch crowd. I mean... I don't mind him staying around here, its just that I'm afraid. I'm afraid of having him around here.

"You are telling me, that Marcie Dartle isn't your type?!" Alec screamed at Damien.

He rolled his eyes with a smile. "No! I like Shy quiet girls, not loud mouth cheerleaders," Damien stated.

All this talk about girls always makes me want to puke. I hate girls. They always are so needy and want attention.... In my opinion anyway. That's why I go for guys... Well I don't know about now.

Alec tossed a hand over my shoulder, making me jump. "Nathaniel's type is somewhere between dick and asshole," he said, smirking.

I looked at him and shoved him playfully, not even registering that we were sitting in front of half of the football team. I blushed bright red and glanced down at my sandwich which I didn't even eat.

"Nathaniel Fisher, did you just shove me playfully? In front of company?" He asked, his voice half way from really shocked to playfully shocked. Im even dazed at what I just did. I never do stuff like that when people are around. I wonder why I did.

"So, what about the homecoming game? Do you think we will win it?" Damien asked, changing the subject. I guess he isn't the only one who felt the small tension coming off of me.

"Oh shit! I forgot about that!" Alec screamed, removing his arm from my shoulder. "But, fuck man do you think we will win? We are playing against Skyline and they don't mess around," he said.

Football talk is all I hear from Alec everyday. Since he only watches Supernatural that's the only thing I can really talk to him about. On the other hand, Damien watches almost all the same shit I do. It makes me curious as to who he likes best. But fuck asking him. I'd rather die.

"So, ask anyone to homecoming?" Alec asked the group.

"I asked Jessica," a jock who I forgot the name to said.

"I asked Kimathon, she was so excited when I asked her," Simon said.

"I am gonna ask Marcie Dartle," Alec announced proudly.

Someone in the crowd of jocks tried desperately-and might I add failing- to stiffle a laughter. Alec shot a warning look. "What's so funny, meathead?" He asked.

"I-im sorry," he let a little laugh escape before continuing. "But Marcie? She would walk all over you before she agreed!"

"Hey!" Alec grabbed a tater tot and flung it at Brayden who was the one to say that to Alec, stared in shock.

"Oh that's it!" Brayden grabbed a fistful of his spaghetti and fired back. Only Alec ducked and before I knew it, pasta was flying my way. I didn't duck nor did I move as the spaghetti plopped on my face and shirt. I opened one eye to see everyone staring at me.

"Nat, are you okay?" Alec asked, clearly trying to keep in a laughter.

I didn't respond, instead I grabbed my napkin and started wiping my face of spaghetti sauce and noodles. I felt another napkin on my face and couldn't help but gasp and fly back. A pain shot up my back as I realized I was on the floor. The person who was trying to help me was Damien. His face contorted into something of confusion and something else that I couldn't quite register.

"Nathaniel, its okay, I'm right here," I didn't even notice that my breathing was coming in shallow breaths. My heart feeling like it might leap out and crush on itself.

"Nat? Can you hea..." The voice trying to talk felt miles away as memories started coming back to me. Now I was seriously hyperventilating. I hunched over in Alec's arms before the sides of my vision started darkening in on itself. The last thing I saw was Alec lifting me up, whispering something that I couldn't quite make out before everything turned black.

---------- -------------- ----------------

I don't know how long I was out, but when I woke, I was in my room, staring up at my white scruffy ceiling. My shoes were off and my shirt too. What happened? The last thing I remembered was... School? Oh right! The spaghetti incident! Brayden tried to get back at Alec but it missed and hit me... Then... Damien.. He tried to wash my face?

I shook my head and got up off my bed, grabbing a shirt from my drawer and throwing it on before walking out my door. My mom was standing there in the kitchen, staring into her half dranken coffee mug with eyes glazed over. Same as usual. Thinking about dad.

Once I took a step in, her eyes shot up to me and her glazed eyes cleared and she gasped. "Oh Nathaniel! You had me so worried!' She threw hands over my shoulders and pulled me into a big hug. I didn't hug back though, afraid of any type of contact.

" are you okay? How is your head?" She asked, gripping my cheeks to search me over.

"Fine," was all I said before turning away to the fridge. She sighed behind me.

"Nathaniel I wish you would give me a straight answer with more than one word." She said.

I didn't answer, instead I grabbed a can of sprite from the bottom of the fridge and turned back to the hall. I wasnt in the mood to talk about this right now. I just wanted to be alone. I just want to listen to PARADISE FEARS and just get this day over with.

I snaked past her and into my room, closing the door behind me. I walked over to my bed and placed the sprite on my desk before bringing my knees up to my chest and sitting close to the dashboard. I didn't want to think of anything. I just want to erase it from my mind so bad. I sigh and grab my headphones from my desk and played music, ignoring the world around me.