Chapter (2)

*Damien's P.O.V*

Nathaniel was a curious kid. He only ever talks to Alec and never talks to anyone else. It kind of made me curious as to why he never talks to anyone. Well knowing my dumbass I am determined to get him to talk to me. That is my ultimate goal of everything.

We pulled into a driveway and I heard the passenger back side door open. Nathaniel came into veiw of the windshield as he sluggishly walked up to the door. Once he opened it and I knew he wasn't gonna come back in for a few, I turned to Alec.

"What's up with him? How come he never talks?" I asked.

Alec made a face that was clearly hurt and shock mixed in. He glanced at the door and shrugged. "It's not my place to say." He said quietly.

Not his place to say? So... Do I have to ask Nathaniel? Holy Jesus how am I gonna ask him if he never talks to anyone? Ugh! This is gonna be difficult.

Before I could ask, Nathaniel was back in veiw, mumbling out one word to someone before turning back to the car. His hair was tucked into a beanie while his jacket seemed awfully big on him. He wore skinny jeans and converse. I think he only changed his pants if I'm certain. Well... And dropped off his back pack of course.

He looked down at his feet, making his way back to the car. Once he was in Alec started the car and zoomed down the street. Once there, Alec parked the car and got out. Nathaniel followed.

"So, what's the movie we are seeing?" I asked, closing the car door.

"I don't know, I was thinking dinner than movie, what do you guys say?" He asked.

Nathaniel shrugged, never keeping his eyes off of his shoes. Man those things must be interesting enough to keep staring at. I don't know about you but my shoes hardly get that interesting.

"Sure, sounds good," I said lowly, watching as Nathaniel raised his head to meet my eyes. I smiled and he looked away to follow Alec down the road. At least he looked at me, that's progress I guess. I followed Alec and Nathaniel down the street until we came to a stop at Denny's. Alec opened the door for Nathaniel and I. I thanked him and walked in after Nathaniel.

Once we got situated at our table and ordered our drinks, Alec smiled at me. "So, you are new on our football team? How do you like it so far?" He asked me.

I shrugged, taking a big swig of my coke. "It's going good, coach seems to take a liking to me, although I don't get much time to watch my TV shows so I'm a little behind." I said.

"Oh, what TV shows?" Alec asked. I caught Nathaniel staring at me, but this time he didn't pull his eyes away.

I shrugged. "Supernatural, Merlin, Smallville and Some anime's I'm watching. I know I am a nerd for those shows but I can't help it. I love watching TV shows. It's like my life," I explained. Alec chuckled.

"You watch those? I only watch Supernatural. The others are like ancient language to me." Alec explained.

"Well maybe you should watch them." I said.

"Maybe I will... Someday," he said, shrugging. Nathaniel shared a glance with me before looking into his glass, apparently it was more interesting than my eyes again.

That thought made me sigh. We're everyday objects more important than me? Like honestly, I wanna know. Maybe one day I'll know.

Half an hour later and I was full off my ass of food. I ate almost everything on my plate and picked some off if Alec's. Alec ate most of his but Nathaniel was a different story. He only ate a couple bites of his country fried stake and potatoes, leaving his plate almost full.

Nathaniel sucked in air and scooted out of the booth to go to the bathroom. I glanced down at the plate then after him. I can't help but feel like he hates me. Does he hate me? I mean... We just met so I shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

I looked at Alec who was smiling apologetically at me. "What?" I asked.

"Sorry for Nathaniel, he doesn't talk to people," he started to explain but stopped shortly when his phone rang. He answered. "Hello?... Shit I totally forgot... No I will be there right away... No its okay... Yeah... Alright... Bye." He hung up almost annoyed and place 40 dollars on the table before scooting out of the booth in time for Nathaniel to get back from the bathroom. He looked slightly confused seeing me sitting and Alec standing.

"Hey Nat, I forgot that my mom had our grandparents over for Shauna's baby shower so I have to go," he said, patting Nathaniel's shoulder. "It's just going to be you two, can you handle that?" He asked with a hint of sympathy in his voice.

Nathaniel leaned up and whispered into Alec's ear with a voice so low that I'm surprised Alec even heard it. "He won't do that, its okay." He said.

"It's alright Nathaniel, we're just gonna see a movie right?" I asked.

Nathaniel looked at Alec and nodded slowly. Alec smiled and left just Nathaniel and I on our own. His body seemed stiff after we left the restaurant. His eyes searched anywhere but near my field of few. After seeing how he acts, It makes you wonder what happened to him to make him this way. It is very curious as to what it is that happened to him. But tonight was not supposed to be thinking that. Tonight it was just me and him and I was determined to make him say at least one word to me or even a gesture. I just want something in return.

A/N: how do you guys like it? Is it good so far? Are you curious as to why Nathaniel Fisher doesn't talk? I hope you are :3 enjoy, I will be updating again very soon ;)