𝟢𝟢𝟣,𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚

CH. ONE
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Cold beads of sweat are still dripping down her forehead, even though it's been minutes since she got out of the cold water. Wait— so is it the water drops running down her skin? No, it must be sweat, according to the clammy, numbing chills swarming through this... whatever it is.

Let's say it unlocks some claustrophobia she didn't know she had.

And when, three minutes ago, she had that thought, she realized she doesn't know anything about herself.

She remembers having friends but their faces are blurred. There's voices in vague memories but they're unclear and blurry. But besides all of that, she does know everything else. She knows what animals are, kinds of animals, babies, trees, languages... everything that doesn't involve her personal life.

Now that's the problem. If perhaps she literally knew nothing, then maybe she would've thought this is just the way people are born. In a small kind of elevator. But nope, she's well aware she's born from people she can't even remember.

Her hands start searching around the place. Feeling for anything she could use to break the walls and escape. By now, it's been too long since the elevator stopped moving up, and it's sickening to just sit and do nothing.

Who knows what danger she might be in? Is this some kind of jail? Where she's supposed to starve and die?

No, there's seeds and ingredients in a box next to her.

Maybe she got stuck in an elevator. Hit her head and forgot everything. Eventually, someone must realize, come, and let the elevator go back down, right?

She doesn't find anything useful. The covered box all the way in the corner catches her eye, but the walls of this thing scare her and she refuses to move closer to them.

They have little holes in them. It's see through, but everything on the outside of this thing is dark. She's afraid that if she gets one finger outside of this place, it's gonna get bitten off or something.

So she stays in the middle of it, and waits as she tries to remember anything. Her name? Did someone ever give her one?

Once she finds out she really can't remember, she starts making up more theories to where she's going, or why she would be locked up here.

It feels like it has been hours. Her overthinking mixing with the slight fear of these walls locking her in, by now has caused an unsteady breathing pattern. Parts of her hair are slipping away from the ponytail, leaving the strands all sticky on her forehead.

But then, there's finally a movement. A shake of the elevator, then a click, and it starts moving.

Not down, unfortunately. It's going up. And the tempo of it also starts going up, and soon she is forced to take ahold of the walls. Otherwise, she would've fallen over.

She's not going to scream, though. After all those minutes, there really is no one close to help her. Maybe she's just reaching the top of a building or— thud.

Should've held on tighter.

She tries catching herself, but there's another shake of the elevator and all she manages is to press all her weight on her left wrist, which lands right on the corner, a sharp part, of a box.