𝟢𝟣𝟪,𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬

CH. EIGHTEEN
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Curse words toward Jeff that would give Newt a heart attack leave her mouth all at once, and Gally's somewhat slamming the door out of the frame when he gives another desperate try of opening it.

But of course, Clint just happened to drop a who knows how heavy table in front of the door.

Gally eventually gives up and sits down on the bed, running his hands up and down his face as Joan stands there, cringing at the awkwardness.

"What's with the sweater?" She manages. Her voice betrays how much she hates asking. "You hallucinated it disappeared. At the same moment, my clothes 'disappeared'. So it's mine."

"I don't shucking know if it's yours," he bites out. "I don't care either. I went up the Box with this and I'll cherish it, no matter how weird that sounds."

She sits down on a chair with folded arms. "Well, neither do I care."

"Good thing to agree on, then."

"Yes."

They're silent. Gally taps with his foot as she bites her lip, eyes on the ground.

"Would you stop tapping like that?" She requests snappily. "It's annoying."

"Your voice is annoying, so please don't ask me anything ever again."

"Perhaps you stop being annoying so I won't have to ask you anything in the first place."

"I'm annoying?"

"Yes! Yes, you are," she confirms.

Then they're quiet again. Joan refuses to look at him, while his eyes are boring holes in her body. "Hilarious you can't even look at me."

"I can. But I'd like to keep my eyes alright today."

"Lame."

Then she does look at him, but only for two seconds. Holding eye contact is something she can only do when she's really trying to be intriguing, but that's not the case right now.

"What?" He leans back at her pointed face. "You need me to hold your shuck neck and force you to not be lame?"

"I'm lame only because I can't hold eye contact?" She nearly jumps up. "You've got to work on your priorities, man."

"Yeah? Then share yours."

"Well, you're lame for ruining a friendship and never forgiving that person only because she made a mistake. Which by the way, happened because her device glitched!" Joan grumbles.

He points a finger at her. "You're lame for leaving your friends behind."

"You're lame for not understanding I didn't leave anyone behind because I thought everyone was dead! And guess what? Everyone except for one person was."

"You're lame for not understanding I got tied to a shuck chair and got a Griever released onto me!"

"You're lame for not understanding I had to watch that whenever I didn't cooperate. And you're lame for not listening, and for turning your back on multiple friends, and for never answering any serious questions!"

"You're lame in general," he says. She pulls a face at him. "You—"

"Stop." Then, she holds up her hands. "This whole fucking thing is lame. Calling each other lame for a million reasons is lame."

He huffs, averting his head.

"And you're an arrogant piece of shit," she adds.

"You're a—" he stops.