𝟢𝟥𝟧,𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

CH. THIRTY - FIVE
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

"Joannn."

It's like his... third attempt to get her off him, and it's not really working.

"We already missed breakfast," he adds. "And we've both got work to do. Minho's gonna get suspicious."

A groan is all he gets in reply.

She wants to sleep. Last night, she spent hours at a little fire with Camil again, and now it feels like daylight is blinding her, her eyes are super thick and full of sleep, and her muscles are definitely not ready for the day.

"Woman—"

"If you want to get up so badly, I guarantee you you're easily able to lift me off you. Remember? Because apparently, you're such a giant and according to you, I'm not?"

"Hm." His breath tickles against her ear. "...no. I'm not getting up until you do. It's too comfortable."

"Well, then we'll be lying here all day," she murmurs, tightening her arms around his body, mostly to get more warmth, since he's always warm. Not even mentioning how nicely she fits in his arms, and how relaxing it is to rest her head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"If only you didn't have a training to follow, Tool-Makers to lead, and things to make. And if only I didn't have to expand the kitchen."

She grunts. Buries her head even further into the crook of his neck. "I don't have to make anything."

"You have to make a saw, mint tea bags, got to restock kitchen oils and Med-Hut ones, and promised Zart you'd do something to get his hoe to work better."

Joan bites her lip in annoyance. "How do you even know?"

"That's a very interesting question you ask there."

"Were you looking in my planner?"

"You don't even have a planner."

"Yes, I do."

"Oh, you mean that blue notebook in which you write super neatly?"

"How come you know how I write in that if you say you didn't look in my planner?"

"Another interesting question, woman. I don't have a reply either."

She gasps. "Are you stalking my plans?"

"I wouldn't call it stalking. I'd like to know when my girlfriend is done working or what I can help with once I'm done."

That causes a slight fuzzy feeling in her stomach. Her gaze softens, yet she still doesn't get up. "That's really—"

"Oh, stop it."

"—cute," she finishes, clearly just to tease him. Slowly, the girl sits up, resting her arms on his chest so they're face-to-face. "How about we go swimming again? That's getting up, too!"

He can't keep his cold look on for long— soon, his lips break into a smile. "Perhaps. But maybe not let Alby walk in on us again."