𝟢𝟢𝟪,𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

CH. EIGHT
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Though Gally's an annoying idiot, it does kind of hurt her that after the discovery they both see the same things, he started to act colder than Fry's fridge.

Barks at her she's doing it wrong, snaps insults, gives her nasty glares when she passes him, hisses when she fails to carve something... and all that multiplied her hate for him a million times.

He has no reason to be this upset about that little thing, and especially not to go act like this.

But at least it's been seven days, with the previous two as hell, and the Box came up this morning. She quickly gathered all the things that belonged to her and spread them over the floor of Newt's hut, mentally apologizing for ruining the clean thing.

Clothes and a small box, which she opens quickly. A razor, hairbrush, hair ties, conditioner, deodorant, and a little package. She opens the package, curious and hesitant at once.

A note is the first thing to fall out of it. She picks it up. Reads the sloppy handwriting.

Joan,
I begged them to get you this instead of products. Trust me, it'll be easier and I assure it won't ruin anything once you stop taking them. AKA, don't take these and you'll just have your period like usually. They're not dangerous, just helpful.
- T

She takes the pills in her hand. Not dangerous? So once they escape the Maze and she stops taking them for any reasons, like wanting kids, her period will just come back? It better.

Alright. She'll take them, since this 'T' said they're not dangerous and won't ruin her patterns.

Grateful, she puts the stuff back in the box. The clothes she got are casual. Some long-sleeved shirts with buttons on the top, just like most boys here have. Cargo pants with a lot of pockets, nice. One thicker sweater, one pair of shorts, and a T-shirt.

It's really not that bad.

"Hey." Randomly, Newt joins her on the tree trunk.

She's been practicing with carving again. It's going better now, except Gally was moody and left before she could show him the process. She doesn't really mind, though. His presence was annoying anyways.

"We better get you a chair or somethin' sometime. Your back must be killing ya," Newt says, smiling. "Looking good, by the way."

"Thank you." She lets go of a breath. "What's up? Got everything handled?"

"Mhm. Peaceful and well. I'm just checking up. I mean, not nothin' to be locked up as the only girl between bloody boys, some of 'em dirty."

She shrugs. "I'll manage. Try not to overthink it too much."

All that trying has lead to less hours of sleeping. The fear she had in the Box, of the boys, never really left. It got less because she knows they're not perverts, but she has a hard time trusting them, still.

Also because most here never talk about their feelings. Not to her, at least. So she won't talk to them about hers either.

"Well, I'm always here if you need help," he promises. "Is my hut alright to sleep in?"

"It's perfect. Thank you for that, by the way."

He nods. "No big deal. Sorry if Minho ever comes knocking in the middle of the night. He has the habit of doin' that."

She perks up. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Newt laughs. "I don't think he's going to be happy with me spilling this..." he leans closer as he looks around. "...but Minho loves a good story before he goes to bed. Or the 'you scratch my back as I scratch yours' or 'together we cry because it's been a bad day'."