Chapter no.2: I choose you part 2

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

Austin stared at Gary Oak's retreating figure with a mixture of disgust and confusion. The boy was insufferable, the kind of person who made you want to peel your skin off just to get away from them. He muttered to himself, wondering how Ash had ever put up with him.

But before he could contemplate Gary any further, a new presence made itself known. Professor Samuel Oak, an old man with greying hair and a white lab coat over a red shirt and brown cargo pants, appeared out of nowhere, causing Austin to jump in surprise and fall over.

"P-Professor Oak?!" he stammered, his eyes wide with amazement.

The professor raised a skeptical eyebrow at Austin's awestruck expression. "Well, you look like you're ready for bed, not for Pokemon training," he observed with amusement.

Austin blinked and looked down before seeing that he pulled what Ash did in the Anime in his panic.

"Uh… I can fix this." Austin said nervously before he realized what was coming next and he grinned.

Since this was a dream, he may as well enjoy it as much as he can.

"But I am ready for a Pokemon."

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Austin stood in the sterile laboratory, his eyes scanning the pristine white walls and tile floors. The air hummed with an electric charge as he waited for the glass panel to reveal the three coveted Pokeballs. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest, his nerves on edge as he stood next to the legendary Pokemon Professor, Oak.

The professor's sharp eyes flicked over to Austin, a look of concern crossing his face. "Are you alright, Ash?" he asked, noting the sweat on the boy's forehead.

Austin swallowed hard, trying to mask his nerves. "Oh, I'm fine Professor," he lied, hoping to convince the older man. "I'm just excited."

The professor nodded, but Austin could tell he wasn't entirely convinced. "Alright then," he said, his voice low. "So, who is your choice?"

Austin frowned in thought, his eyes darting between the Pokeballs. "Well," he said slowly, "Gary said he got a Squirtle, so that's out." He reached for the Pokeball that held Charmander. "I choose Charmander," he said with a hint of disappointment.

The professor shook his head. "That one was also taken by a kid that wasn't late."

Even though he knew it was empty, Austin put on a disappointed face to fool the Professor who chose that time to speak.

"The early bird gets the worm, or in this case the Pokemon," the professor said with a wry smile.

"So, there's no Pokemon?" Austin asked, his voice laced with disappointment.

The professor looked conflicted for a moment before he spoke. "Well, there's still one left, but I-"

"I'll take it," Austin interrupted, a little too eagerly.

The professor hesitated, pressing a button on his console. A Pokeball with a lightning bolt emblem appeared, and the professor's expression turned grave. "I think I should warn you, there is a problem with this last one."

But Austin was already reaching for the Pokeball, his eagerness getting the best of him. "I'll take my chances," he said, a hint of excitement in his voice.