Chapter no.25 Austin's Decision

Read advance chapters (+ 200 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

" Welcome the Battle Chateau, Beau and Dames," an elderly man with a goatee in a butler's outfit greeted. "I am the head butler here. My name is Hennessy." He then gave a bow.

"Hello," the group said. Pikachu thought this man was rather intimidating and hid behind Austin.

"Is this, perhaps, your first time visiting here?" Hennessy asked.

"Yes, it is," Yellow answered. "I saw an advertisement at the Pokemon Center and wanted to see what you had to offer here."

"Ah! Splendid!" Hennessy said. "As long as your trainers have received a recommendation from a person of stature, I will gladly accept you!"

"Uh, a recommendation?" Yellow asked confused. "I don't think we have received anything like that."

"Oh, dear. Perhaps there is someone you could call that I could speak to?" Hennessy asked.

"I know!" Brock spoke up. "We can call Professor Oak! He will surely give us one!"

"Oh! You know Professor Oak?" Hennessy asked.

"Absolutely!" Austin replied. "He gave me my starter Pokémon ."

"Well, that is just wonderful!" Hennessy exclaimed. "If you may just let me see your Pokedex, that is a good enough recommendation for me. Professor Oak wouldn't give someone a Pokedex he didn't deem a worthy trainer."

"Oh great!" Yellow said happily as she took out her Pokémon trainer card which was certified by professor oak, to give to Hennessy while Ash gave him his Pokédex.

After confirming their identities, he then handed the Pokédex back and clapped his hands together.

"Wonderful!" he exclaimed. "Will all of you be participating today?"

"Hey, Guys. I'd like to try it out myself to see what it's like also if that's okay." Austin said this was the first time he had ever heard of the Battle Chateau.

" Ash, I know you're interested but I have to recommend that you not participate since it could be detrimental to you and your Pokémon's health  " 

Hearing Brock's words, Austin nodded but in his head, he wanted to slap himself as he let his curiosity get the better of him as he knew very well about the grueling training his Pokémon went through these past few days, he looked at Pikachu who seemed energetic but his heart told him to let his partners rest for today, they could battle in the Nugget bridge challenge.

" Ok, looks like I won't be participating ."

Brock just smiled as he knew from the curiosity in Ash's eyes that he wanted to participate but he prioritized his Pokémon's health. A trainer is worthy of respect.

" What about you? " Austin asked Brock who just smiled and said "Actually, I will just sit and watch. "

"Okay, Hennessy. It will be only me participating," Yellow said giving a nod.

"Excellent, madam!" Hennessy said. You may follow me so we may change your outfits."

"Why do I have to change my clothes?" Yellow asked while tilting her head as she followed Hennessy into another room.

"Certainly. This is a place for elegant trainers to try their skills. They must be able to look their best!" Hennessy answered.

"Er, Okanagan," Yellow shrugged.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Austin asked a little unsure.

"Of course! Why wouldn't 1 ?" Yellow asked, turning back to look at Ash.

Austin sighed. "If you are sure."

He knew that while Yellow was naive and childlike, she had a big heart for Pokémon and that's why he was worried since her Pokémon could get hurt as she didn't have much experience battling but remembering the insane things Yellow did in the manga, his worries were put to rest.

Hennessy then led them to another butler and a maid. "I have a  madam that would like to participate in our Battle Chateau today. Would you be so kind as to lead them to their rooms to change?" Hennessy asked.

The butler and maid nodded "It would be my pleasure, sir,"

Yellow followed the maid down one hallway.

She was soon led into a changing room. Yellow stood and looked around while the maid went to find an outfit for her. Even the changing room looked grand. There were several rows of dresses of different sizes that were aligned neatly and orderly. The room itself was sparkling clean and also had a red carpet. There were many different doors to where one could change clothes privately. Yellow couldn't help but be amazed at how much effort the builders had put into this place.

"Here you are, madam," the maid said as she handed yellow her outfit. "Please use one of the changing facilities over there," she pointed out.

Yellow then went into one of the rooms, closed the door, and began to change. Once she was finished, she looked herself over in the mirror. She wore a long pink dress with short sleeves edged with white frills. She wore pantyhose on her legs with elegant pink flats to match. On her head was a sparkling pink headband.

"Oh wow! I look so cute!" She said to herself. "I can't wait for Ash to see me like this!"

She then walked out of the changing room, leaving her other clothes behind, and was led by the maid back to the front hall. She saw Ash, Brock, and Hennessy.

Yellow then went over to Austin. "How do I look, Ash?" she asked with blush and did a twirl for emphasis.

A headache formed on Austin's head as the crush that Yellow had, was not broken but he didn't want to be a dick so he replied "Wow! You look great, Yellow! Very elegant!"

Yellow smiled. It wasn't quite the reaction she was hoping for, but it was good enough.

" If I may have your attention, please! While you were changing, the match-ups were decided for this tournament. I would now like to explain the rules," Hennessy politely cut in. Whenever you are at a Battle Chateau, you are assigned a rank. Since this is your first time at one, you both shall begin with the starting rank, Baroness for the young dame, and baron for the young beau. To ascend higher and improve your rank, you must defeat trainers in battle. The ranks you can start with are Baron or Baroness, then Viscount or Viscountess, Earl or Countess, Marquis or Marchioness, and finally Duke or Duchess! Once you achieve that rank, you may then challenge your very own chatelaines. I suppose you could call them the elite four of our Battle Chateau for comparison. If you can defeat them in battle, you will receive a plaque, your picture on the wall, and a fabulous prize!"

" So this is a tournament in itself?" Austin asked

"Yes,  We even have gym leaders battle here occasionally. The higher rank you become, the more recognition you will receive, and the more you may capture the attention of a gym trainer or even someone of the Elite Four," Hennessy said.

"I have another question, Hennessy," Yellow said. Achieving the rank of Duchess seems like a lot of work to do for one day. How do people do it?"

Hennessy then chuckled softly. "Ohohoho! Dear dame, of course, we don't expect you to do this all in one day or even in the same city! There are five different Battle Chateaus across the Kanto Region. There is one here in Cerulean City, one in Viridian City, one in Celedon City, another in Saffron City, and finally, there is one in Fushia City. Whatever rank you achieve here will carry over with you to any Battle Chateau in the region. You are presented with a different ribbon and title card every time you receive a new rank for confirmation."

"Oh, good," Yellow sighed with relief. She couldn't wait to start trying to ascend in the ranks. She was hoping she could impress Ash by showing she was a good trainer.

"So without further ado, are you ready to begin the tournament?" Hennessy asked.