Chapter no.70 Royal Pokemon

Read advance chapters (+ 170 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Looking at Austin's shell-shocked expression Bill nodded and continued.

"That's the Monster attribute for you," Bill advised. "However, such specimens only hold as fire/flying types, and have extremely low affinity for draconic attacks, if at all. In other words, a growlithe would snort at their dragon rage attack, but their inferno, or worse, blast burn would take down a Steelix in a single blow."

"…. Damn!"

Bill smirked. "You Charmander, however, because of his unique genetic constitution, has the active dragon attribute from the Garchomp parent, and thus, his affinity with draconic attacks is as good as the Garchomp-line, which is, let me say, beyond amazing. There is a reason after all, why even the first-generation Gible, can perform a Draco-meteor attack, which even adult Charizards with active dragon attribute fail to accomplish at times."

Austin stupidly nodded.

"The interesting thing here is that Charmander has received the Monster attribute from its Charizard parent."

"But then shouldn't it be larger and stronger than others?" Austin asked, confused again.

" Theoretically, it should. However, for… reasons I cannot fully comprehend at this moment, the Monster attribute is somewhat… dormant at this moment. Because Charmander here has a notoriously low inner-flame, and… from what the psychic treatment has unveiled- has always tried to use fire-type attacks, thus overusing his limited inner-flame, it has taken a toll on his physical form, and thus, is responsible for his frail nature and smaller body size."

"So you are telling me that if Charmander focuses on his draconic attacks instead of fire-type ones, his body will slowly show signs of growth?" Austin surmised.

"I'm sure of it," Bill answered with a grin. "This… sample, this is extraordinary, though forbidden, and with due reason. Charmander is very lucky that he was born with these… bizarre genetic combinations, and not, let's say… a complete runt useless at either thing."

Austin swallowed. "You were talking about evolution or something?"

Bill snorted at Ash's way of reference. "Yes, that. Because Charmander's genetic makeup is so… distorted at present, there is every possibility that evolution might set things straight, and reactivate the Monster gene in him, as a Charmeleon. If things turn out right, he'll be one mammoth of a Charmeleon with super affinity to draconic attacks, though… as unfortunate as it is, his affinity to fire-type will remain low for the foreseeable future."

"It doesn't matter." Austin proclaimed.

Bill raised an eyebrow. "It doesn't concern you that your fire-type is not an optimal specimen of his species? Surely you should get yourself a better Charmander who has everything normal in his make-up."

"Nah, I'll stick with mine." Austin declared proudly, his fingers subconsciously caressing the pokeballs on his belt. "Charmander and I are in for the long run, as are my other pokémon."

Bill's spectacles flashed. "Interesting, You know you are really lucky to have the Kantonian Royal Trio! "

" Kantonian Royal Trio ?! " Austin was confused by what bill meant before Bill smirked and started explaining.

" Kantonian Royal Trio is the title for the three starter Pokemon of the Kanto region. 800 years ago the Kanto region was divided into many different parts and during that era, a trainer by the name of Nobunaga united the entire Kanto region under his or rather the shogun's rule. Any opposition to his rule was quickly destroyed by his three most trusted Pokémon; Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur. While his reign over Kanto only lasted for 20 years, the changes he brought to the region made Nobunaga very popular with the common folk of Kanto. Even after his eventual death, the people of Kanto honored their kind and benevolent shogun by giving the three species the title of the Kantonian Royal Trio ."

Austin's jaw dropped to the floor as he stared at Bill.

His mind was racing with so many questions and out of all of these questions Austin stated," Do the starter Pokemon of other regions have such a history? "

Bill answered," Yes but unfortunately I don't know that much about the History of other regions. You can ask the professor to get you some books on the history of the other regions and their specific royal pokemon if you are interested ."

" Ahem Bill, I have a few questions ."

" Ask away ."

" So why does it look like the evolutionary line of Caterpie to Metapod should end with behemoth and why does Butterfree look like the evolved form of Venonat? "

Bill smiled before taking out a book from the shelves," Let's see ... Ah ... there it is. Well, Ash, to answer your question I must explain to you about the research of Professor Yanase Berlitz on this very topic...

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Later that night, Austin was up by himself, looking at his Pokedex.

He was still surprised by the fact about the Pokedex right now.

Only four-well five considering the Professor still has one, exist at the moment.

Red and Blue exist and are both adults right now… But Green and Yellow were nearly in their teens when they should be the same age as Red and Green, but then again nothing makes sense in this world.

Just what else should he expect?

'Argh, I can't stop overthinking everything.' Austin thought of annoyance before he saw Pikachu shift.

"Chu." Pikachu yawned as Austin smiled at him.

"Tired?" He asked before looking at the other Pokemon as they were asleep before frowning.

Charmander was missing.

Pushing himself up, Austin looked at Pikachu. "Hey keep an eye on everyone else, I need to find Charmander."

"Pi." Pikachu agreed with a nod as Austin left the room that Bill loaned to him.

It took a while, but Austin eventually found Charmander by himself on the top of the Lighthouse. "There you are," Austin said surprising the fire lizard.

"Char." Charmander gave a nod to his new trainer as Austin stood beside him.

"Trouble sleeping?" Austin asked as Charmander gave another nod.

It was quiet as they both looked outside.

"It wasn't your fault," Austin said causing Charmander to frown knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Mander Char." Charmander shook his head. "Man."

Austin sighed. "Charmander, none of us knew that was going to happen, it was more my fault than it was yours." He said earning a vehement look from the Charmander.

"Mander Man!" Charmander protested as he didn't think it was his new trainer's fault.

"Charmander." Austin smiled at him. "Look we can't change what happened, but we can learn from it."

With that he looked up at night, "That's all any of us can do."