Chapter no.86 Confrontation with Paul

Read advance chapters (+ 170 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Austin was up extremely early again the day of the Gym Battle with Pikachu on his shoulder, standing outside to watch the sunrise.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous.

Not only would this be the toughest battle yet, but he was also still unsure of which version of Surge he would be fighting.

If it was the one from the Anime he would be relieved as while that guy was a bit of a dick, he was a good person at heart.

However, if it was the version from the Manga, the Team Rocket Lieutenant, he might be in for a fight of his life.

"Chu?" Pikachu spoke up, his ears twitching much to the duo's surprise before they heard footsteps and turned to see Paul coming out of the Pokemon Center.

"Morning." Austin greeted, looking away as he decided to at least be civil.

Paul didn't say anything, but he did give Austin a bored, unimpressed look.

Austin winced.

Why did he even greet Paul? Oh well, might as keep the conversation going. "It's a beautiful morning isn't it?"

… Man that was a horrible attempt.

"What do you want?" Paul asked harshly, not knowing who this was.

"Just being friendly," Austin answered with a shrug. "Well and I'm bored as well considering the Gym doesn't open for another hour."

That caught Paul's attention. "You're challenging Surge?" He asked looking from Austin to the Pikachu on his shoulder. "Are you by any chance using that Pikachu?"

"Yes I am and before you say anything I know about his Raichu," Austin said surprising Pikachu who looked down at Austin before remembering that his trainer did research the Gym's a bit. "What about you?"

"I already beat Surge, anyone can with a competent Pokemon which is more than what I can say for most of the trainers in there," Paul said harshly with a pointed look at the Pokemon Center where various trainers were with injured Pokemon.

Austin frowned, not liking that but he kept it to himself.

He didn't have to from how Paul returned his frown. "You disagree?"

"I find that if the time and effort are put into training, any Pokemon can be strong," Austin said not caring what Paul thought.

"Tch, of course, you're one of those types," Paul said bitterly.

"Hey what's that supposed to mean?" Austin asked.

Where did that come from? Why did he ask that?

"Do I even need to explain it?" Paul asked giving Austin a look. "You'll never make it as a trainer like that."

"I made it this far and I only lost twice in all the battles I've had," Austin said not in a bragging tone, but just telling the truth.

"Is that so?" Paul asked still a bit harsh, but a little curious at that piece of info. "How many Pokemon do you have?"

"Up to ten, but counting evolutions fifteen," Austin answered with a shrug. "I might put more time and effort, but I don't catch too many to keep up. You?"