Chapter no.98 Stand Off

Read advance chapters (+ 170 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.patreon.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

A flash of light later and Fearow cried, announcing his presence.

"Hey, Fearow," Austin said to the first Pokemon he caught as Fearow brought his wings against his body and looked down at him. "Welcome back."

Fearow just kept his piercing gaze on him before abruptly turning away with his eyes closed.

"Pi?" Pikachu looked surprised while Austin's face fell at seeing this.

A second later, Fearow opened one eye and smirked before gently knocking his head against Austin surprising him.

Immediately, Austin's face lit up as he hugged Fearow while Pikachu smiled at him.

"That's a relief," Brock said as he and the others were fooled by Fearow's attitude before that.

While Pikachu and Austin were talking animatedly with Fearow- Raticate, Butterfree, Clefairy, and Pidgeotto were a bit hesitant due to remembering how prideful Fearow was and having been with him since the beginning.

But Charmander slowly approached Fearow and began to talk.

Austin gave a gulp when they were passing by the harbor but everyone stopped after seeing the SS. Anne. Remembering what happened in the original timeline, Austin decided to skip this event.

"Wow," Yellow said seeing the giant cruise ship in awe. "I've heard of them but I've never seen one in real life."

"It is amazing isn't it?" Misty asked with a grin. "If I had one of those I would have an easier time traveling to become a Water Pokemon Master."

"Then why did you try to catch Yellow's oddish ?" Austin asked earning a glare.

"I can have a Pokemon that's not a water type on the team," Misty said giving him a look while he laughed.

"I know, I'm just teasing," Austin said rubbing his nose with a grin.

"But Misty is right, you would be able to meet all kinds of Pokemon on this ship," Brock said hearing about the parties on the SS. Anne. "It's a ship full of trainers just eager to battle."

"Not only that but I would be able to sunbathe on the ship deck to relax." Misty clasped her hands together a look of enjoyment on her face. "And then see the sunset reflect off the water."

Yellow smiled at the thought. "I would like to meet all the Pokemon on there." She said thinking about it.

Misty agreed with her. "A relaxing sea cruise would be amazing."

Brock however decided to be the realist. "We don't have that kind of money." He pointed out making Misty's face fall.

Yellow looked disappointed as well as everything she heard made her want to go on.

Eventually, they walked off dejectedly while Austin followed them with his hands behind his head. ' Reality is harsh ' He paused for a second.

' Depends on the reality.'

Pops of fireworks surprised the group while Austin paled in dread at seeing two people-... They looked nothing like Jessie and James.

Austin knew it was them but their disguise was much better than the one shown in the anime-which makes sense really because on the show it was easy to see through them to have the viewers tell who it was but here it was nearly impossible to show how everyone failed to see through it.

"Congratulations, you people are super lucky!" Jessie and James said while Austin felt his brow twitch as he had to remind himself that one of these girls was James cross-dressing and he wasn't sure how to feel about that. "Or at least you will feel that way."

"Huh?" Everyone asked while Austin kept his guard up.

Pikachu sniffed the air as there was something familiar about the scent of those two 'girls' but he couldn't for the life of him a place where he would've seen them before.

Jessie spoke up. "We have reservations for, like, this party," She said with James saying 'Super' right after. "Isn't it neat?"

"What is?" Yellow asked curiously while Jessie held out four tickets.

"These are tickets to the SS. Anne, we had reservations with our boyfriends, but they, like, had to cancel last minute." Jessie muttered under her breath as if annoyed.

"Typical guys," Misty said with a huff.

"Uh Misty, you have two guys right here." Austin deadpanned with Brock now hanging his head in shame.

"And we couldn't help but overhear you four not having tickets and we thought, like, why not give them to you instead?" Jessie said holding the tickets out. "You're bound to have more fun than us."

"Is it okay?" Yellow asked with Jessie giving the tickets to her.

"Like of course," Jessie said with a wink.

"Super," James said in a girly tone that was a bit overdoing it.

"Hold up, what's the catch?" Austin wanted to avoid going on that ship while Jessie and James momentarily froze not thinking he would question it. "People just don't give out tickets like that-."

Misty pulled on the back of his vest making him yelp. "Ash, we have a chance to go on a cruise," She hissed in his ear. "Don't screw this up!"

"And I find this a bit too convenient," Austin hissed back. "You can't tell me this doesn't bother you even a little bit."

"Chu." Pikachu gave a nod at that.

"Ash does have a point, Misty," Brock said agreeing with him as he looked at the tickets. "There has to be a catch."

Misty frowned a bit getting that but this was a cruise on the SS. Anne, for most people it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity before she grinned slyly. "So you're opposed to going on a ship full of trainers to battle and beautiful girls to talk to?"

To her surprise, however, Austin frowned. "A little."

Brock however was reeled in at the beautiful girls' part. "Ash, Misty is right this is quite the opportunity."

"Think with your real head." Austin hissed at him in disbelief that he fell for that.

"What about you Yellow don't you want to go?" Misty asked looking at the blonde-haired girl who fidgeted a bit with the tickets.

"I've never been on a cruise before," Yellow muttered with Misty giving a nod.

"Are you going to deny something like that Ash?" Misty asked with Austin's brow twitching.

'I can't get out of this can I?' He thought.

' I know the events that are going to happen but at this point, I don't have a damn clue if the events are going to be different or not.'

Austin finally groaned. "Fine but if something happens I have the right to say 'I told you so'." He said with Misty throwing a fist in the air in celebration.

"Don't worry you'll have fun," Jessie said feeling relieved that they took the bait. "Be sure to party hard."

With that, she and James left with the latter giving out one last 'Super' while doing so.

Moments later the group was on the ship with hundreds of trainers walking around.