Chapter Nine We're Definitely Asleep

"Hey, Freddie wanted me to check on you. You seemed angry with him." George taps my shoulder as I make my way down from my dorm for dinner.

"No, it's nothing. I was just stressed from classes." I reply, hugging him.

George pats my head. "You better tell Fred that. He thinks you two are having a row."

"Oh my." I sigh, a smile tugging at my lips.

When I find Fred, I wrap him in a hug. "It's not you, you little boy. I was just stressed."

He laughs and hugs me tight. "Thank goodness."

We sit down to laugh and the twins banter lightens my mood.

~~~~

The twins cracked a joke that had me wheezing and so Lee gave me a piggyback ride up the staircase, the twins clearing the way in front of us.

"Woah, what's the crowd for?" Lee exclaims, dropping me.

"Rude." I laugh and dust off my robes before becoming aware of a crowd in front of Elizabeth's portrait. I learned her name and that she's actually sort of funny when the twins bribed her to lock me out of the tower in second year because they were planning a birthday party. That was nice, and besides, Elizabeth knows all the drama.

"What's going on?" Fred asks, but no one answers him, and I push to the front of the crowd, siding next to Harry.

"Why is everyone standing here?" I ask him, and he sighs in frustration, pointing at Elizabeth's portrait.

 "She's gone

"She's gone."

"G-gone? Why? She can't just abandon her post..."

"She was babbling about Sirius Black, claiming he was in the castle, and that he tried to get in the Gryffindor common room." Hermione explains, pointing at gashes in the portrait I hadn't noticed before.

"Sirius Black?" I echo, tensing up. I recall the conversation Harry and I had on his birthday, and slowly turn towards him, a wave of concern washing over me. Dumbledore appears, shoving students out of the way. Filch has appeared, as well as our head of house and a few other professors.

"Search the portraits," Dumbledore commands the professors. "Gryffindor house will stay in the Great Hall tonight until it's deemed safe."

I turn back to the twins and Lee, an evil grin creeping across their faces.

"What?" I exclaim, my eyebrows raised in concern.

"Sleepover!" They grin in unison.

I'm dragged to the Great Hall, now void of tables and instead filled with sleeping bags. The boys lead me to about the area we'd normally sit if there were tables, and I crawl into a sleeping bag, resting on my stomach.

"This'll be so fun!" Lee crows, pulling out his wand.

"What are we doing?" I laugh, tossing my ponytail behind my shoulder.