Chapter Twenty-Seven Subtle

"Can't even tell if

I love or hate you more."

Dear Ria,

It's your favourite Weasley twin, George, writing. Mostly because Fred's handwriting is just too eligible. Anyways, we miss you terribly. Lee and Angelina say they miss you too. You better come visit for Christmas, and yes, that's a threat.

Also, we've been corresponding with Ginny and based on her reports, you and Harry should just snog already. We want updates. Also, thanks for the drawing of the three of us you enclosed. It hangs in the shop with your name on a plaque underneath.

Love,

Georgie (also, I love you too, Fred) ← Fred wrote that

P.S Please don't write back saying you can't read my handwriting either, or I'll owe Fred five sickles

Once I've stopped smiling enough to grab a piece of parchment and a quill, I quickly write a reply detailing how impossible it was to read George's handwriting and how I had to visit McGonagall to ask her how she used to read it.

~~~~

"Hermy, can you do me a favour?" I ask, crawling onto her bed. Pasties crawls across my arm and smiles at Hermione.

"Sure, what do you need?" She sets her book down, grinning at Pasties.

"Could you get Harry's potions textbook for me?" I ask, feeling stupid. I really want to know what's written in there that could make him so good at potions. Slughorn raves about him in class, and I was placed into his and Hermione's potions class since I decided to take it my last year. What could possibly be written in the book that would suddenly make him such a genius? As someone who's liked potions ever since I was little and could make a polyjuice potion very young, the idea of some random scribbles in a textbook could advance someone so much is enticing.

"The half-blood prince book, you mean?" Hermione furrows her brow.

It's my turn to look confused. "Who's the half-blood prince?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out. That textbook says "property of the Half-Blood Prince" written inside. "I really think Harry should return it and get a normal one. There's all sorts of unofficial spells in there and whatnot."

"Oh, Hermione, I'd love to just see it. You know my fondness for potions, you know how good I am, please could you get it?"

"I don't know Ria," She looks sceptical, and I almost want to beg her. "I don't think that's a good idea. Why don't you ask him yourself?"

"C'mon, Hermy." I give her a look, and we both burst into laughter.

~~~~

"Guess you don't need my help studying anymore, you'll probably surpass me." I comment to Harry as Slughorn praises him again. His eyes follow the professor, refusing to go anywhere near me.

"I doubt that." He replies, and my eyes are tracing his fluffed hair again and again.

"So, Potter, do you think I could borrow the book?" I ask, edging slightly closer to him.

He scoffs. "Hell no."

I frown, and face my back to him, picking up a conversation with Hermione, who observed the whole thing. I spot my cousin looking dejectedly into his calderon, which causes a frown to crease my face.

His friend Blaise next to him smirks at me, and I resist the urge to stick out my tongue, settling instead for just rolling my eyes at him. Slughorn completes his circle around the room and allows us to sit.