Chapter Twenty-Six "Oh, so you don't hate me?"

"Every time we talk, it just hurts so bad

'Cause I don't even know what we are."

Dear my favourite dimwits,

Quidditch has been a mess, but fun. I hid in the closet to scare the new recruits, which Harry didn't like. I almost told him to fuck off and almost didn't let him be on the team, but Ginny corrected me. It's been really fun being captain again although tryouts were intense.

I made a new enemy, that bloke in my year, McLaggan, the one who looks like he fancies Hermione. He almost became Keeper, but your brother Ron performed just a bit better. So it's likely he hates me, but like I care.

Besides a broken Comet 36o and a few broken teeth, I feel tryouts went well enough and that we have a solid team.

Lately Harry's been making me so spiteful and I don't know why. I hope things at the shop are going well. It's probably boring since you only really get adult or little kid customers now since everyone's at Hogwarts.

Anyways, I miss you guys terribly. Maybe I'll come to the Burrow for Christmas? I know I sure as hell don't want to go to Malfoy Manor. It's a bit boring without you guys and Lee and Angie. Tell them I miss them. I've mostly been hanging out with Hermione and Ginny.

You probably are annoyed by my long letters, but it's not like I can apperate to you and tell you everything, so get used to it.

Lots of love,

Ria

~~~~

I let out a long breath from the depths of my lungs as I enter the common room, pulling on my lavender jumper from Mrs. Weasley that I got last Christmas. Hermione helped me study for N.E.W.T.S, which is killing me. Snape's classes are terrible.

He teaches way tougher than necessary and acts like we'll have no worth if we don't get straight O's on our N.E.W.T.S.

I plop onto the couch, draping my arm across my eyes. Everything's so much. Hermione stayed behind in the library to clean up our supplies.

"You alright, Ria?" Ginny's voice travels towards me, and I lift my arm to see her sitting by my feet.

"I'm exhausted," I reply, lifting my feet to rest them on her lap. "How are you doing, Gin?"

"Alright, I suppose. I'm thinking about breaking up with Dean." She says it so casually, I almost can't react. My head shoots up and I rotate so I'm sitting beside her.

"Why?" There's almost a whine to my tone. They seemed adorable and I don't understand why she'd want to end the relationship.

"I don't know. He's a little too much, and I'm thinking my eyes might be on someone else..." She trails off, a loose smirk dancing across her face. I'd love to deny it, but my heart drops in my chest a tad. I remember her childhood crush on Harry, but surely that's not coming back? I don't stand a chance against the pretty, popular Ginny Weasley.

Despite what Hermione said about my status finally rising due to my friends, position as quidditch captain, and what she describes as my "captivating good looks", I don't see it. I admit I've definitely filled out more and my face looks prettier, my hair finally taming with just the right amount of Draco's old Sleakeasy's.

I feel a lot better about myself than I did just a year ago, finally sure of what I want, but I still don't know I'd stand a chance with Harry if Ginny was a contestant.